Topic: Lego World War 2: Second Sino-Japanese War

Directory Link

Lego World War 2: Second Sino-Japanese War

Lego World War 2: Second Sino-Japanese War

A Lego brickfilm stop-motion about the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945), a military conflict that happened before and during World War 2 between the republic of China and the Empire of Japan. It all began with the invasion of Manchuria, but the Marco Polo Bridge incident started it all.

This war is kinda overshadowed by World War 2, while World War 2 didn't start until 1939 (excluding the German annexations).
I did this piece for a massive project of school and to date it's one of the most expensive Brickfilms this channel ever produced. (Brickfilms about historical wars are almost always expensive I think)

This is also the brickfilm with the most languages I made so far. (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and English)

May The Force Be With You!

Re: Lego World War 2: Second Sino-Japanese War

I enjoy WWII historical brickfilms.  This was the most intense, realistic, and well-produced one I've ever seen.
The first three minutes were incredibly fast-paced.  The low contrast and camera pans w3ere perfect for this time of film.  All of the smoke effects added to the realism.  however, some (not all) of the blast and gunfire effects were too high-contrast and stood out.  I'm guessing the anime line was an intentional joke alluding to the character head since Astro Boy, the first Japanese anime, wasn't invented yet.

The advisory wasn't consistent with the film, though.  The violence was not at all mild.  It should at least be labeled "moderate", if I released I'd go even higher because I always err on the heavy side just to be courteous.  also, there was no advisory for the language though there was a single but strong obscenity.

By the way, I never mentioned it publicly, but the Holding Our Own character Angela owns a Luger 31 that was the personal possession of a Chinese lieutenant in the Second Sino-Japanese War.

almost everything, fromt he title presentation to the animation was high quality, and anyone should appreciate the labor required to make a brickfilm of this scope and do it well.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Re: Lego World War 2: Second Sino-Japanese War

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

I enjoy WWII historical brickfilms.  This was the most intense, realistic, and well-produced one I've ever seen.
The first three minutes were incredibly fast-paced.  The low contrast and camera pans w3ere perfect for this time of film.  All of the smoke effects added to the realism.  however, some (not all) of the blast and gunfire effects were too high-contrast and stood out.  I'm guessing the anime line was an intentional joke alluding to the character head since Astro Boy, the first Japanese anime, wasn't invented yet.

The advisory wasn't consistent with the film, though.  The violence was not at all mild.  It should at least be labeled "moderate", if I released I'd go even higher because I always err on the heavy side just to be courteous.  also, there was no advisory for the language though there was a single but strong obscenity.

By the way, I never mentioned it publicly, but the Holding Our Own character Angela owns a Luger 31 that was the personal possession of a Chinese lieutenant in the Second Sino-Japanese War.

almost everything, fromt he title presentation to the animation was high quality, and anyone should appreciate the labor required to make a brickfilm of this scope and do it well.

Thank you for your kind comment. I change the advisory after a review.

the anime line was indeed an intentional joke, because his head looks really like an anime character. The first anime wasn't Astro Boy. The first Japanese animation was called: ''Katsudō Shashin'' Made before 1912. The oldest professional surviving anime is called: ''Hanawa Hekonai meitō no maki'' made in 1917. Despide Astro Boy wasn't the first anime. It is considerd a pioneer in the moden Japanese animation industry.

But I have never expected that this submission would be reviewed at all since. Most of my projects, don't get these kind of reviews. If a review at all. So I thank you again.

May The Force Be With You!