Topic: "Dave & Ken Brickson": Episode #2

Directory Link

"Dave & Ken Brickson": Episode #2

YouTube

With Dave getting his dream job at Best Buy and Ken finally taking the initiative to find work himself, things seem to be looking up. However, Ken ends up also getting hired at Best Buy and when store manager Brian Dowell assigns Dave to train him, they both find out that Ken might not quite be up to the task.

Special thanks to Skinny Zach Films & Brick 7 for providing some of the voices for this episode.

Feedback encouraged.

Last edited by CJAproductionsINC (February 11, 2017 (07:33am))

Re: "Dave & Ken Brickson": Episode #2

gotta watch!

UPDATE: watched!

Loved it.  Loved how the angles in the home aren't straight and boring.  I like the sets too.  The living room looks familiar though I don't know what series it resembles.  I think it may have been one of those reality shows where the stars couldn't leave the house.

Great to see Mary Charles in there.  I'd love to see her voice a regular on the series. 

Spoiler (click to read)

The X-Blox joke: a good one! 

.  Good use of pacing and the characters looking at the camera "takes".  I still miss joe Brickmond, though.  Hope he visits the characters.  The only complaint is that the music was too loud or the vocals were too soft.  Adjust one way or the other.  I think it is the music b/c the sound effects were relative to the dialogue.  I noticed in the credits that you did the music.  Aweosme.  I love when people write their own music and soundtrack work.

Thanks for the show.

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (February 12, 2017 (07:55pm))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Re: "Dave & Ken Brickson": Episode #2

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

gotta watch!

UPDATE: watched!

Loved it.  Loved how the angles in the home aren't straight and boring.  I like the sets too.  The living room looks familiar though I don't know what series it resembles.  I think it may have been one of those reality shows where the stars couldn't leave the house.

Great to see Mary Charles in there.  I'd love to see her voice a regular on the series. 

Spoiler (click to read)

The X-Blox joke: a good one! 

.  Good use of pacing and the characters looking at the camera "takes".  I still miss joe Brickmond, though.  Hope he visits the characters.  The only complaint is that the music was too loud or the vocals were too soft.  Adjust one way or the other.  I think it is the music b/c the sound effects were relative to the dialogue.  I noticed in the credits that you did the music.  Aweosme.  I love when people write their own music and soundtrack work.

Thanks for the show.

I plan on having Mary Charles work regularly on the show. Her character from the first episode (Dave's girlfriend Nicki) will be appearing in the series again and I will also be having her voice various other female characters.

My favorite character to work with is Brian Dowell (the manager). I based him off of one of my bosses at work and he is every bit as wacky in real life as Brian was in this video.

I really enjoyed writing original music for the show. I had always planned on doing it eventually, but it was meeting Jon Hare (co-music writer and voice of Gerald) that finally motivated me to get serious about it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the video. There's more to come mini/smile

~Christian Joseph Allbee