Topic: [BRAWL 2016] Pressed for Time

Directory Link

Pressed for Time [BRAWL 2016]

Youtube

He pressed the button for her, but would she press it for him?

This was my joint entry into the BRAWL 2016 contest held on Bricks in Motion.com It's sort of a sci-fi, sort of a mystery, and sort of awesome. I hope you enjoy.

Re: [BRAWL 2016] Pressed for Time

Very interesting.

Spoiler (click to read)

I really like the ambiguous ending. Will she press it for him? Will she even know to press the button? An ambiguous ending, is a great ending

The animation was pretty good. You may need to work on your animation a bit, but overall, it was well executed. My one other critique is something that I have noticed with other Brickfilms (I've probably done it in the past too), is using heads that seem rather out of context. I am specifically talking about the woman's head - Seeing a smiley expression in a rather serious, dramatic scene seems out of place. All in all, this is a really good film, though. 4/5!

I haven't watched all the entries yet, but time travel was one of the first things I thought of when the theme was announced, so I guessed I'd see at least one entry about it. Nice work! It reminded me a lot of Galaxy Quest, and I love the wordplay in the title. I don't know if it totally matches the tone of the movie, though.

Spoiler (click to read)

I also can't say I get why she wouldn't press it for him, so I don't really know if the ending works. Maybe if you had set up some reason for her not to do it?

But overall, definitely a good BRAWL entry.

twickabrick wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I also can't say I get why she wouldn't press it for him, so I don't really know if the ending works. Maybe if you had set up some reason for her not to do it?

Spoiler (click to read)

I'm guessing someone has to die in each scenario, so she has to decide between potentially sacrificing herself or not.

sillypenta wrote:
twickabrick wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

I'm guessing someone has to die in each scenario, so she has to decide between potentially sacrificing herself or not.

Spoiler (click to read)

My interpretation was that she may not know what the button actually does and/or what the outcome would be