Topic: [BRAWL 2016] His Domino Effect

Directory Link

His Domino Effect

Click Here

Thomas's life goes down hill after he is fired from his job.

Last edited by Infinity Prime Studios (July 23, 2016 (05:39pm))

Re: [BRAWL 2016] His Domino Effect

Glad to help you out!

The story to this was very clever, I am very impressed man! The acting was all very well done, the sets were well build, the pacing was great; besides a few technical aspects I think you could work on (some flickering, set bumps, some rough animation) I'd say you've made a pretty solid film!

Congratz and goodluck! :--D

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight: Glad to help you out! The story to this was very clever, I am very impressed man! The acting was all very well done, the sets were well build, the pacing was great; besides a few technical aspects I think you could work on (some flickering, set bumps, some rough animation) I'd say you've made a pretty solid film!
Congratz and goodluck! :--D

Yeah thank you so much for your help on this and for the critique mini/smile

I like this one quite a bit. I think it will place in the top three. Just a prediction.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

nswihart:I like this one quite a bit. I think it will place in the top three. Just a prediction.

That is so nice of you I really appreciate it! Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I hope to see this rank high on the list. It's a really good concept. I'm happy to be a part of this film. Thank you for the opportunity mini/smile

William Osborne:Yeah, I hope to see this rank high on the list. It's a really good concept. I'm happy to be a part of this film. Thank you for the opportunity mini/smile

Not a problem mini/smile  thanks for your help.

The technical side definitely needs some work, you should really try to lock down those set/camera bumps, they're probably your biggest weakness right now; they will take the viewer out of the story much more easily than a few flaws in animation. I really want to commend you on the pacing of the film, it's one of the hardest things to get right, and you did a great job. The sets were also designed really well. Nice film. mini/smile

backyardlegos: The technical side definitely needs some work, you should really try to lock down those set/camera bumps, they're probably your biggest weakness right now; they will take the viewer out of the story much more easily than a few flaws in animation. I really want to commend you on the pacing of the film, it's one of the hardest things to get right, and you did a great job. The sets were also designed really well. Nice film. mini/smile

Thank you! mini/smile  Yeah I have a camcorder that I'm working with and sadly it doesn't come with a remote so I have to manually click on the screen. I don't know any free programs also for capturing images. It's mainly the camera that's the issue unfortunately.

But I am working on getting some better equipment mini/smile

Last edited by Infinity Prime Studios (July 26, 2016 (02:17pm))

Congrats on winning BRAWL! I had hoped you would place first, but I hear judging can be intense, and things can wind up all over the place. Backyardlegos is right. You did an excellent job with the pacing of your film. The storyline and editing were constructed in a way that drew in the viewer, rather than simply placing scenes non-sequentially. Altogether it worked quite well.

I feel there is an important observation to be made about having a balanced element of mystery to a story which pushes the viewer to wonder what is going on -- rather than simply sit and watch, or at the other end of the slide rule be unable to make sense of it and simply stop watching.

I'm not sure what the observation is... but your film has that balanced element of mystery.
Good Job!
mini/smile

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

nswihart:
Congrats on winning BRAWL! I had hoped you would place first, but I hear judging can be intense, and things can wind up all over the place. Backyardlegos is right. You did an excellent job with the pacing of your film. The storyline and editing were constructed in a way that drew in the viewer, rather than simply placing scenes non-sequentially. Altogether it worked quite well.

I feel there is an important observation to be made about having a balanced element of mystery to a story which pushes the viewer to wonder what is going on -- rather than simply sit and watch, or at the other end of the slide rule be unable to make sense of it and simply stop watching.

I'm not sure what the observation is... but your film has that balanced element of mystery.
Good Job!

Wow I don't know what to say. Thanks I'm glad people too notice of that in the film itself I didn't think people would, but here you are to tell me this. Again thank you so much I can't even begin to express how much this comment felt. Thank you so so much mini/smile

Congratulations on the win! I was really pleased to see this film get some recognition.

You still have some rough spots to work out; I think the simplest thing to focus on for your next film is getting rid of that pesky camera shake and light flicker- your shot composition is already pretty solid overall (loved the split shots where you could see the hallway and the room) so fixing those problems will just serve to highlight how good everything else is.

That being said, I don't want to downplay how many positive things there were to takeaway from this film. The way you presented the story was clever in the sense that enough was revealed with each step back to keep the viewer engaged, but not quite enough to make them feel like they were just getting the same information over and over. I also appreciated that it had a conclusion that went beyond just returning to the beginning of the story. There were a few "reverse revelation" (not sure if there's an existing phrase for this archetype) films in this competition but I think this was definitely the strongest in terms of having a well-paced story that unfolded coherently. Your sound design was also pretty good, keep working on that and it'll definitely pay off.

I'm excited to see how you change and improve as you continue making films. Good luck in the future.