Re: Summer Contest: Sight & Sound

This will be problably one of my best animations that I've ever done lets get to work!

BrickBuild Animation I have a YouTube channel which is called BrickBuild Animation, you can check all my animations there, you can Subscribe as well wich would be a big help thanks. I post a new animation every week so that new viewers can see them.

No execesive violence? Does that mean I can't have a  fight with blood in my film?

sebas wrote:

No execesive violence? Does that mean I can't have a  fight with blood in my film?

It's a bit intentionally vague, but the spirit of the rule is to encourage people to avoid focusing their films on violence or other elements some viewers or sponsors could find objectionable. This isn't to say no violence of any kind is allowed, or no blood is allowed period, but if you make something that is going to offend people, it is unlikely to be well-received in the judging process in light of that.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

In my film, someone is going to get shot. It won't be very violent and I won't even show any blood. I'm assuming that is okay?

I suggest reading the post above yours and deciding for yourself! I don't know what your story is (nor should I) and context means a great deal with any kind of cinematic violence. It's always going to be a little subjective.

This is going to be tough bring it on

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

William Osborne wrote:

In my film, someone is going to get shot. It won't be very violent and I won't even show any blood. I'm assuming that is okay?

I shot someone last year. Turned out fine.

Not for the person who was shot.

@Aquamorph you just confessed to a murder!

Last edited by William Osborne (June 5, 2016 (12:25pm))

William Osborne wrote:

@Aquamorph you just confessed to a murder!

Did you even watch Grief's Restitution? Clearly an accident.

Of course I did. I was just kidding. The way he said it: "I shot someone last year", made it sound like he had actually did in real life mini/lol .

If you don't get the joke, he's bound to do it again...

Spoiler (click to read)

Almost as if he wants restitution... or grief... or both. Yeah, something like that.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Well, my animating table is finally cleared of stuff... Now that I'm done with the hard part I just have to think of a story and start animating.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Well this conversation is shooting the breeze

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Just got back from holiday and discovered this thread - Cool theme for the competition, my creative juices are flowing and I will begin building tonight..........

DNAnimation

Been away for so long from the animating scene
This might be just the thing to get me back into it

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

/

Last edited by LBF Productions (June 16, 2016 (08:55pm))

The contest is much more than "having good sound design". It's about creating a unified film of sound and picture, with a story behind it. It's about making a film to be proud of, something that you can look back on one day and say "That's good".

Basically (theatrics aside), the point is to use your imagination and interpret the theme however you see fit. If you see the theme as "merely having good sound design" (which, I must say is no "mere" matter. Good sound design isn't made overnight!), then that's fine, but probably isn't a good philosophy for a winning concept. Dig deeper in interpenetration of the theme and see what you can find.

One who submits a pre-made film is not one who is not entering in the spirit of the contest. The point is to create a film, not just submit a film. Sure, there's no actual way we can tell if it was made before the contest, but there's absolutely no fun in submitting a pre-made film. If you think your pre-made film takes what it has to win even though you made it before the contest, you might want to re-examine it. Maybe it does have what it takes, but more often than not, a film made before a contest never actually lines up with what a contest wants.

TL;DR, The contest is for making a film, making a film and competing is fun, and submitting a pre-made film is highly unlikely to win (besides that takes the entire fun and point out of the contest because then you're only in it for the loot).

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

/

Last edited by LBF Productions (June 16, 2016 (09:01pm))

I get my best original ideas when I make entries in Bim's contests. Definitely doing something for it, and it will be different from anything I've done before