Topic: The Adventures of Kentucky Jackson

Directory Link

The Adventures of Kentucky Jackson

Link

Kentucky Jackson searches the world for adventure and explosio--I mean archaeology. Yes, definitely archaeology.

Re: The Adventures of Kentucky Jackson

Haha, that was great. xD

The quick cartoony movements were a different style than you normally see, but I loved them. mini/wink

Really fun! I love the fast paced cartoony animation, and the timing of the humor was on point, I was laughing the entire time. mini/bigsmile

As has been said here the timing of the jokes and animation was on point. If you don't mind could you give us some insight into how you got these things to work in the best way possible. mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Getting the timing of jokes and animation to work right is kind of one those hard things to describe. When I'm making one of these things, I try to keep a rhythm for when to do a joke. I basically imagine it like beats in a song, where you have to keep everything on the same tempo. So the jokes in each scene match that specifics scenes pacing. Also, physical gags also go a long way in Lego films like this.

The comedic timing was spot on. Excellent voice acting and sound editing as well!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Wow, that was an awesome brickfilm.  The quick animation had perfect comedic timing.
mini/bigsmile

That was awesome! Exactly the cartoony feel I've been trying to create in my own films. What camera do you use? The depth of field was perfect in every shot, and the animations looked a bit like that of The LEGO Movie at times.

Great job!

Last edited by Shawarma Studios (June 3, 2016 (05:59am))

That's some really topnotch sound design you've got there. Just like what everyone else has said, this is absolutely fantastic!

This was a great way to start out my morning! Great work! Everything was great I especially love the sound design and the animation was incredible! As well as a well polished script!

Fantastic. Very inspiring film! I loved how you tied it back to Farqunglu. The comedy, animation, visuals... all perfect. Brilliant, brilliant.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Awesome and very inspiring! mini/bigsmile

To those wondering, the camera used for this was a Canon 60D with Dragonframe.

Spectacular. Truly inspiring.

-BrickBrosProductions

Youtube Channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCm2mA8FCaPP1ySSA8CL46YQ
"Do everything you do for the glory of the one who made you.."

Excellent animation!

The cinemetography gives a sense of hyper-action and grand scale.  Some of those sets were HUGE!

The explosion effects and mouth movements didn't look out of place at all.  Everything in that respect was perfect!

The use of camera shaking was well-done as well.    Even the logos were great.

Two things I would like to have seen differently:

Spoiler (click to read)

1) Kentucky should have outwitted the statue by pressing on a "snare stone".

2) It should have been longer, with them at least getting the prize

Keep up the great work!  Some of the year's best animation.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

This is top. The snappy movements on all the animations is wonderful, and the sound editing is actually great, nice subtle changes like the short silence before the big explosion that lend more weight to the bigger sounds.

Been itching to see someone make something as high-octane as this.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

SO MUCH WIN. mini/sunnies

Been waiting for y'all to produce another film, and I assure you, the wait was worth it.
I can't add much to what has already been said. It's a fantastic, hilarious, and well-produced piece of art.
Keep up the good work fellas!

I think my favorite bit was the subverting of the usually highly effective temple traps into...Well, a series of great jokes.
And tying it to one of your previous films was even more icing on the cake.

Freaking awesome.

Spoiler (click to read)

But I want to learn about Meso-American irrigation...

It's great to see something from you again.  The cartoony animation is great, and I like the reference to Farqunglu.  (Coming to think of it, I'd love to see Kentucky Jackson and Mr Howards team up some day...)

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive