Topic: Some Assembly Required #1: "Building An Army"

Directory Link

Some Assembly Required #1: "Building An Army"

YouTube

The first of four installments in a series of Brickfilm sketches I'm producing at the request of Anchor Baptist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas.

I'm still getting used to the new software and new computer, so pardon any irregularities in animation or editing. I am currently working to eliminate them.

Last edited by CJAproductionsINC (May 21, 2016 (05:07am))

Re: Some Assembly Required #1: "Building An Army"

You have the URL BBCode switched around. Try this instead:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGWhd_0sUQ]Youtube[/url]

"Sarge" was delightfully hammy and over the top. Unfortunately, to me, the jokes fell a bit flat, but assuming this is being shown to kids, they shouldn't mind too awful much.

I'm glad to see a brickfilm used in church. They connect well with kids, and film is a great way to convey truth to them. It is something that I've thought about doing at my church, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Practice makes perfect with this kind of thing, and I'm sure you will improve as you go along. Just keep trying, and keep up the good work for the church!

Re: Some Assembly Required #1: "Building An Army"

Pritchard Studios wrote:

You have the URL BBCode switched around. Try this instead:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGWhd_0sUQ]Youtube[/url]

Oops, my bad. I had put this up in a hurry because it was late and I was getting ready for bed.

"Sarge" was delightfully hammy and over the top.

You can thank Triston Weaver for that. He always has a type of voice for each character I give him. He was also the voices of Gabriel and one of the Wise Men in my Birth O' Jesus movie.

I'm glad to see a brickfilm used in church. They connect well with kids, and film is a great way to convey truth to them. It is something that I've thought about doing at my church, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I wholeheartedly agree. When I began going to my church back in late 2015, I didn't think I was gonna be as involved as I have come to be over time and I am glad to make these for them as long as they keep asking.

Practice makes perfect with this kind of thing, and I'm sure you will improve as you go along. Just keep trying, and keep up the good work for the church!

I'm hoping I can pick up learning my new gear quickly. I just think this series is a good way of changing things up for a little bit (working with different voices, working from a script given to me as opposed to writing my own, etc.)

I really appreciate your insight.