Topic: Lego Punch (Need Criticism)

https://youtu.be/CMTzno322Ag

As the title says. I feel like I'm out of it. I animated this pretty late a few nights back, but it feels choppy/not eased well. Is this just me or what? I felt like I eased fine when animating, but the product feels weird.

Re: Lego Punch (Need Criticism)

It felt kind of robotic. What kind of punch are you going for? A realistic punch or a more exaggerated, superhero-y punch? I'd suggest having him turn to the side slightly when he's getting ready to punch.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

It looks pretty good except for the split second when he actually makes contact. I'm quite sure what it is (maybe an off frame?), but the punch suddenly feels jittery and weak. The windup was pretty good for your style, though.

I just spent fifteen minutes typing feedback but when I pressed submit, I lost it all. So I'll give you a less in-depth response but if you want more opinions then reply again.

My two main points for you is to
a) make the two minifigs closer by:

• 1) make the gap between them one-stud instead of two. The problem with that is it obscures the camera's view.

• 2) make the red guy leap forward and lean forward.

• 3) put them on a flat surface so you can control the distance between them.

They should be closer because as of now, the red guy leans seems to be reaching for the other person's face. That should explain Mighty Wanderer's reason for it to look weak. The swing is slow and that is because it took you too many frames for the arm to rotate all the way to make contact. Reducing the gap between them means you can take less frames and sell the illusion of speed. Powerful punches are up-close.

b) move the legs more. It gives more life to the minifig. Use Fancypants' video as a reference.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1