Re: Official LEGO Movie

Looks brilliant. It doesn't matter that it's not actually a brickfilm when it's animated so well and faithfully copying every detail of a brickfilm to it, very much like the Lego Movie (which when I first saw it, I thought it was real). I'm not as much of a fan of those cheaper looking straight to DVD cgi Lego films of the past, apart from Clutch Powers, which I found really entertaining.

I'm liking that utility belt piece.
Anyways, I hope that it has some original characters. Especially original villains. And that it won't remove the charm of the LEGO Movie.

William Osborne wrote:

Looks brilliant. It doesn't matter that it's not actually a brickfilm when it's animated so well and faithfully copying every detail of a brickfilm to it, very much like the Lego Movie (which when I first saw it, I thought it was real). I'm not as much of a fan of those cheaper looking straight to DVD cgi Lego films of the past, apart from Clutch Powers, which I found really entertaining.

A bit rude to disregard CG animation as "non-brickfilms". For the definition of brickfilm goes:

"A Brickfilm is a film made using LEGO bricks, or other similar plastic construction toys. They are usually created with stop motion animation though CGI, traditional animation, and live action films featuring plastic construction toys (or representations of them) are also usually considered brickfilms."

Even Clutch Powers, not in a stop motion style, is a brickfilm.

I hope this movie will feature some unique sets and vehicles because currently, there's already enough batmobiles, batbikes, and bat-gadgets out on shelves.
One thing I speculate, is whether or not they'll break the fourth wall of reality like The LEGO movie.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Well, I meant to say stop motion. Yeah, I suppose it still counts as a brickfilm.

Last edited by William Osborne (March 24, 2016 (07:19pm))

Looks interesting. I'll go see it and the Ninjago movie just for the fact that it's Lego on the big screen. Hopefully it's fun like The Lego Movie (which I think it will be).

Now we need a Han Solo, Lando, Chewbacca, and C-3PO spin-off Lego movie. What a movie that would be! "It's party time!!!!!!!!"

After all of the serious Batmen we've had in recent years, I think that LEGO Batman isn't the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

I saw the trailer today before Dawn of Justice started up.  Overall I got really hyped because I loved the LEGO movie so much, although I wouldn't actually say that the teaser itself is actually that great, since it mostly shows only batman, which feels a little empty.  Hopefully it'll have some cool side-character, though.

I remain pretty optimistic still.  I'm really hoping maybe we'll get a really big LEGO cinematic universe.

And here's another trailer? Link.

I was amused.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

"In 2016 and in 2012 and in 2008 and in 2005 and 1997 and 1995 and 1992 and 1989 AND... that weird one in 1966."

Oh my word this trailer was amazing.