Topic: Hannah's Bike Ride

Directory Link

Hannah's Bike Ride

Watch Here

A short non dialogue story about keeping calm in a stressful situation.....

DNAnimation

Re: Hannah's Bike Ride

That was a cute little film. The lighting was wonderfully consistent (how in the world did you achieve almost no light flicker?) I especially liked the face at around 2:15 that was very nicely incorporated. Overall, a good film. Although the music was a little repetitive.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Thanks - I recently purchased a Canon DSLR camera and have found with having it on manual settings and using two desk-lamps,(one either side of the camera and aiming the lamps slightly to the left and right hand sides of the set) the exposure for each frame is very consistent which really helps with any Light Flicker issues, I rushed the composition of the music a bit as I was keen to release it and I know the animation is still choppy in places - thanks again for the feedback - practice, practice, practice.

DNAnimation

Great job! I loved all of the nice sets you made up. A thing I thought you could take note, was a the mum minifigure in one of the scenes had a visible face on the back of her head. (Minute 1:25) I guess you can't do much about that unless you add a different head, so the back of her head does not have a face.
Anyway, great job! mini/wink

Last edited by Raptor Studios (February 23, 2016 (03:04pm))

Lesson learned. Always use the crosswalk when crossing the street on a bike! mini/wink

Not a bad short, though, I do think the dramatic pause at the ending was really really slow and drawn out, but other than that, pretty good!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks Raptor - I didn't notice the double face was visible until I was editing (I was slightly annoyed that I had missed it during frame capture) by which point it was too late to change without re-shooting the scene - the whole film was fairly experimental trying out different techniques ie. moving the scenery behind the cyclists leaving the cyclists still in the foreground with the occasional bike wobble, glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks rioforce , I agree , I think overall it could have been edited a bit slicker . The fault that sticks out for me is when she is shaking her head while attempting to cross the road and I unintentionally included an extra frame into that loop which caused an annoying jerk movement of the bike, but I was rushing the editing as I was using the film as a visual aid the next morning in our church

DNAnimation