Topic: Bovinion Heist

Directory Link

Bovinion Heist

Watch Here

A mysterious crate is on an airplane, with Hubert's genius plan, Ace and Moose must steal it. Nothing is as it seems.

Created by Jack Motter and John Bolton

This originally was going to be for THAC XIII, but 15 minutes before the deadline Youtube rejected the file. After fixing some issues with the ending, we can now release it. Please be honest when Critiquing it.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Re: Bovinion Heist

It's a shame you didn't release this in time for THAC because it would have been a very cool, and peculiar, entry. I had a blast recording for this and it made for a fun watch. The microscale and the dolly shots were particularly nice as well, in addition to the humor and explosion.

If this wasn't a THAC entry I would have recommended masking the flying elements in your film rather than using clear bricks, but I understand that for many that is a difficult feat on any day, let alone a THAC day. Overall good work and I hope to see more from you. Cheers!

That was good. Very peculiar mini/wink . Sorry about the 15 minute rejection.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

After reading your script in the chat in the first few hours of THAC, I really wasn't sure what to make of this, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! I'm sorry you weren't able to upload it in time, that's too bad. mini/sad

I really liked the animation, especially the extra cartoony bits (like when the ginger lands). The chickens were quite pec strange, but fit well with the them (even more so with that ending). xD  The pacing felt really good, too, something about it worked perfectly for the bouncy film it was. Good job!

Nice work. Was a fun watch mini/bigsmile

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

LiamG wrote:

If this wasn't a THAC entry I would have recommended masking the flying elements in your film rather than using clear bricks, but I understand that for many that is a difficult feat on any day, let alone a THAC day.

That's embarrassing, I meant to mask those, (since I no longer had to be confined by the deadline). Oh well, it doesn't look too bad I guess. mini/blankexpression

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Had a blast making this with RandomBoaz, thanks for all the great comments!

Its goofy, I love it. mini/smile

Although this is a bit late, I want to ask something of you guys. Please, please give negative feedback. I will never learn and never grow if all I get is praise like this. I understand you want to encourage me, but I know my films have problems, I simply do not know what the problems are. When I post a film to this site, I post it to help me learn, so please, criticize away!

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Well, I watched it again and there wasn't anything really bad about it.
I have a few nitpicks though, so here goes

The color in the main building seemed slightly off,
     The main building seemed a little empty,
     The arm movements when they were talking seemed a little over the top,
     There seemed to be visible clay/sticky tack under the dynamite on the table
     The forest set seemed too thin, maybe some of the trees could have had branches, and their could have been some small
             plants and things on the forest floor.

Thats all I could find.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Must have missed this the first time through, glad you bumped it!

The less-conventional chronology is a fun twist, though it wasn't immediately clear until several shots in. Once I figured it out though, it was really cool. Both the mug and chicken gags were fun and original, though I feel that the final twist was undermined by the title. And I think I'll have nightmares from that last shot... mini/shifty

I actually like the charm of the opening shot. Sure, it would have looked better masked, but the composition is nice, and I love the brick-built clouds. The animation is more than workable, and I like the cartoon style, though it could be smoothed out some more. There were a number of prop/set bumps that were pretty apparent, and the briefing room set seemed to some random things thrown in to fill out an otherwise plain set.

I do like that plane interior, and the darker lighting looks great. It was odd seeing the top of the set at 0:44, so you may want to watch out for that next time. I love the plane explosion, but agree that the forest is a bit thin. Perhaps some more bushes, grass, and leaves on the ground would help fill it out.

Sure, some of the technical things could have been polished up, but it's still a highly entertaining and enjoyable short.
Glad I noticed it.