Re: Pro 9000 vs. C920

Top Hat wrote:

UPDATE: For anyone interested, I got my c920 in the mail and tried it out. It's absolutely incredible. When I think about what I've been missing out on for so many years, it makes me want to cry. mini/tongue  The best part is, there are no lines in the shadows. It's perfectly smooth blackness! Thanks again, everyone!

Glad to hear it Top Hat!

Forgive me for failing to fulfill your request to me of giving you my input. By the time I saw it, others had already responded and said pretty much everything I could have. I upgraded to the c920 from the 9000 a while ago and haven't looked back since. You won't either, I am certain! mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Glad to hear it Top Hat!

Forgive me for failing to fulfill your request to me of giving you my input. By the time I saw it, others had already responded and said pretty much everything I could have. I upgraded to the c920 from the 9000 a while ago and haven't looked back since. You won't either, I am certain! mini/wink

That's completely alright, I know you must have been busy with that awesome-looking brickfilm of yours! Yeah, I pretty much got all of my questions answered except for whether the c920 has the lines in the shadows, and that was answered when I bought the camera. mini/tongue  Thanks for checking, anyway!

That's awesome Top! I hope to see what you will make with it in the future.

Thanks! I have all kinds of ideas for short films, but I don't know how much time I'll have during college to film them! I'll be able to take my time, though, once this contest is over. I've had to make a few minor compromises on my entry for time, already.

Evening. Making my way back from a real long break in stopmotion.  I'm currently using C910 cam and can anyone tell me if this is still a good camera to use or upgrade to the 920? Does anyone know if there's much difference  (especially regards to manual controls). Thank you to anyone who can help.

Cheers

Jay

Th

The C920 is a much better camera, supports HD, is clearer, etc, but the C910 isn't bad either. I'm pretty sure there are not more manual controls on the C920 than there are on the C910. If you're just getting back into animation, I'd suggest practicing with the C910 before making the investment of the C920. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hi RioForce

Many thanks for the reply. If there's not a great deal of difference I'll stick with what I have for a while. Yeah not looking forward to shaking off the animation ring rust from the long absence but hopefully will get back into the swing of it soon

Thanks again

Jay

Came to this forum looking for a thread exactly like this.  I want to upgrade my MS Lifecam cinema to a c9000 not realising the c920 is a newer product.  My only question: does the c920 have software driven controls like manual focus, contrast and white balance etc.  I don't need to say manual control of all those things are essential to stop motion photography.

Cheers.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

It is software driven, yes. But you can manually change the settings using the software.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions