Topic: Parrots in Space [TCOTY Contest Entry]

Directory Link

Parrots in Space

YouTube

Coming soon to a theatre near you...

I made this in 3 days after I couldn't make my original idea due to the late arrival of a BrickLink order.

Re: Parrots in Space [TCOTY Contest Entry]

Good job.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Love it mini/bigsmile

I may be a bit biased, but this is a winner. Clearly, it has quite the emotion poured into it. Penta is a truly dedicated human being to create something like this in just three days.

In all seriousness, this was hilarious, I was laughing out loud throughout the entire thing. The parody was perfect. I'm rooting for you in the contest! mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

A dual parody, yet still a standalone masterpiece. And in only 3 days? Fantastic! mini/cat

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I can't believe you did that in 3 days! It looked perfect, absolutely perfect!

Wonderfully cynical, and excellently executed. The fact it's so neatly interwoven with Sola Luna too brings a whole level of fun intertextuality you don't often see in brickfilms.

And like pretty much everyone else in this thread, I'm flabbergasted this only took you 3 days. Superb!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

This is nothing less than a work of art and cinematic masterpiece.  Truly, you have captured the spirit and essence of not only the Citizen of the Year and Sola Luna but also Brickfilming as a whole.

Spoiler (click to read)

It took me a while to figure out that they were watching a TV.  I completely lost it when the parrot hit the space-lady though.  On the whole this is brilliantly funny, one of the best parodies I've seen recently.  The ending actually feels pretty timely, what with the new Star Wars around the corner.  It's also seriously impressive that you managed to make this in three days.

10/10 would send a cadaverous specimen of Ara macao into outer space again

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 31, 2015 (08:32pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Those dudes have quite a messy floor in their living room!
Do you think your original idea would have been better than what you ended up with?

Well done; I like the idea that he was responsible for the accident in Sola Luna - it also gave me a thought of another contest - the characters of TCOTY in other popular brickfilms...hmmm

Good job.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Thanks for the responses, everyone! Thauka, I think it's hard for me to say. My original idea involved people excitedly going to the theatre to see TCOTY in 3D, but being bombarded with trailers for TCOTY universe films and becoming annoyed with it, so it's basically all compressed into this film. Maybe it's better to have this brief version rather than to drag the ideas it out.

Great job!  You had a very busy 3 days of brickfilming!

I laughed out loud when the parrot hit the woman. This is, truly, a masterpiece.