Topic: Why Men Are Excited About Lesbians

Directory Link

Why Men Are Excited About Lesbians

YouTube

Our new video for School of Life is upppp.

Re: Why Men Are Excited About Lesbians

That was remarkably novel and comforting mini/wink

Great sets in this one, KG! All of them were super packed with detail and a joy to look at.  And, along with all the other videos you and other brickfilmers have made for School of Life, I found this to be a pretty interesting watch, and it definitely made me think!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

#notallmen
check your privilege

Very Nice and Informative!
Everything was done wonderfully.

Very professional. I don't generally care for non-narrative brickfilms, but this one was very well done. Good work.

Rockydude411 wrote:

check your privilege

I'm curious as to what you mean by this, 'cause I have no clue.

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

If I Were A Minifig wrote:
Rockydude411 wrote:

check your privilege

Rockydude is referring to the recent South Park episode which has been making headline news lately.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

dewfilms wrote:
If I Were A Minifig wrote:
Rockydude411 wrote:

check your privilege

Rockydude is referring to the recent South Park episode which has been making headline news lately.

Technically it's a thing well before South Park. They just made fun of it recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

What Aqua said.

When I read the title I at first thought this was a new Brickfilm by Woodrow Village.

The film itself is well-animated, though it's a rather odd topic to make a Brickfilm about.  Can't say I especially agree with the conclusions it draws, though; they're rather reductionist and make some pretty big generalisations.  I wasn't really aware that men being interested in lesbians was apparently so widespread that it merited this sort of discussion to begin with.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I love lesbians! Byaaaahh!

Nicely done as usual, KG, the sets in particular were lovely.

As ever with School of Life, who I've been following for a while now, it's an interesting topic with a well-thought-out argument. Regarding the brickfilm itself, it was kinda' perfect for this kind of piece. It had a bright and colourful but balanced palette, and the actual animation was so nuanced and characterful that rather than this being a narration with some accompanying, ease-in-ease-out visuals (which there are so many of on YouTube) it felt like a solid, organic piece.

Mixing yellow and flesh-tone minifigure parts is something not many people do. It worked too, since I didn't really 'notice' (as in, I didn't think anything of it) it until near the end. It sort of supports the bouncy colour palette.

I've got to ask: what minifigure does the head of the 'protagonist' come from? It's awesome, I need to Bricklink me one of those.

While Rockydude is right, and not all men share this fascination, it is widespread enough to raise a debate about. It's sort of become a stereotype that men are somehow excited by lesbians, and while the stereotype may not reflect even all that large a portion of men, the fact it's so widespread a stereotype just goes to show it's still a relevant topic. It's a debate I've actually had a few times before, namely in English Lit class a couple of years ago, but I feel collectively we've probably exhausted the main points of the debate.

And let's not forget how cogently one of those arguments was summarised by the brickfilm this thread is about mini/wink that's one of the reasons I love School of Life, brickfilm or not, is because whether I agree with them or not, their arguments are always well reasoned and well thought out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I'm dying right now because I was joking and people are actually saying it for real.

Anyway, for my real review: I thought the sets and the animation were great but I don't agree with this video at all. I don't get the logic behind it, I'm not a very smart person so forgive me if I'm wrong but I just believe that men don't get excited by lesbians. Men who are sexualy attracted to women usually aren't attracted to all women so they aren't attracted to all lesbians. They are attracted to someone they find attractive, so if they see that person kissing a person who they also think is attractive, they get excited.

So yeah, there's my review. Also, kudos to KG for starting a conversation about the LGBT community on BiM.

Last edited by Rockydude411 (September 21, 2015 (06:46am))