Topic: The Adventures of Lance Toad: The Master [D&L Entry]

Directory Link

The Adventures of Lance Toad: The Master

YouTube

The adventure continues as Lance Toad tracks his rival to earth.

Watch the first here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3EiCE0J-U

Sadly, I am disappointed with how this film came out. However, as long as it is enjoyable to watch, it is a success.

This is the last film I am making with windows movie maker (hence the audio being out of sync, couldn't fix it, sorry).

Last edited by Mosh5256 (September 1, 2015 (09:43am))

Re: The Adventures of Lance Toad: The Master [D&L Entry]

Excellent!  Probably my favorite entry so far.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Brilliant, well done.it was over 19 minutes long, but it didn't trag, it was very entertaining and I would still have enjoyed it if it was double the length. Do you plan to make more? If so, I look forward to it mini/bigsmile

Good animation and story, but several characters were quite hard to understand because of scratchy voices or whispering, so I would suggest turning down the robotic scratchy sounding thing.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tims Videos wrote:

Good animation and story, but several characters were quite hard to understand because of scratchy voices or whispering, so I would suggest turning down the robotic scratchy sounding thing.

Thanks for confirming that for me! I thought I may have turned it down enough from the last film but I guess not enough.

Last edited by Mosh5256 (September 1, 2015 (07:03pm))

A hugely ambitious undertaking. I really appreciated what you did with a lot of the lighting and I enjoyed the fictional world you created in your film, that made it a more interesting watch for sure.

I think the pacing perhaps didn't do enough to keep things exciting and entertaining the entire time. This can be a pitfall of lego movies that are very dialog-heavy. Maybe the answer would simply be to have made the film a little more concise.

Aside from that, I felt it was a fun story and I liked that you did something a little out of the ordinary in creating your own sci-fi world for the film.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I think the pacing perhaps didn't do enough to keep things exciting and entertaining the entire time. This can be a pitfall of lego movies that are very dialog-heavy. Maybe the answer would simply be to have made the film a little more concise.

Yep, I agree. The more I worked on the film the less I liked it. The script was also only a few pages, I don't know how the film turned out so long and drawn out.

Last edited by Mosh5256 (November 28, 2015 (04:11pm))