Re: BRAWL 2015 Starts NOW!

so...it wouldnt count?

I'm not running the contest or anything, but I am quite certain it wouldn't count.

Squid wrote:

can we still crop the mod element out of our images like before?

I really need to know this.  I couldn't find anything in the rules saying it was okay or specifically not okay.  And I want to make sure.

Does a black brick connected to a transparent red brick count?

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:29pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:29pm))

Fall Below Films wrote:

Anyone got any brief ideas they wanna share? I'm drawin' a blank mini/confused

A man wants to work on his master piece, but there is a noisy neighbor, and he cannot focus.

A man take some photos, but in the background, he sees something, something scary out of focus, later, he investigates, and it attacks him.  A horror short.

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:28pm))

Squid wrote:

EDIT: Also, can we still crop the mod element out of our images like before?

If you mean crop it out as in you send me an email with the images of each shot uncropped, that would not count as containing the MOD element.

Theme & MOD Elements wrote:

• If a shot must be clarified by changing the shot in anyway (i.e. changing brightness, black and white to color, & etc) to be able to identify the mod element, the shot will not count as containing the mod element.

kristo499 wrote:

would this piece be accepted as a mod element?
http://img.rebrickable.com/img/pieces/e … 100921.jpg

Because this is only one piece, it would only count as the color red. And thus not a MOD element.

Undershadow Productions wrote:

Does a black brick connected to a transparent red brick count?

Yes, this counts.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Just wondering, would this count as having the mod element?  It's a transparent red brick connected to the black desk, though the actual connection is blocked by the pistol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKh2lLvWIAA6LNs.jpg

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

Just wondering, would this count as having the mod element?  It's a transparent red brick connected to the black desk, though the actual connection is blocked by the pistol.

Yes, this would count as containing the MOD element.

Youtube   Twitter

Can I zoom in briefly on people's faces without the mod element being there. It'd still be in the zoomed out part, but I don't see how I could incorporate it into a facial close-up.

LASF wrote:

Can I zoom in briefly on people's faces without the mod element being there. It'd still be in the zoomed out part, but I don't see how I could incorporate it into a facial close-up.

Do you mean by one continuous shot?  As in the shot starts out far out, then zooms in before the shot ends?

LASF wrote:

Is it a continuous shot? One where it starts out wide then zooms in? If that's the case, yes that counts. But if the shot starts zoomed in and does not change, it does not count.

Youtube   Twitter

Had that exact problem on some of my THAC films (not being able to do extreme closeups). I ended up just using slightly less close shots so I could squeeze the mod element in but it's not ideal.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Would this be acceptable for the MOD. The Red pieces touching side by side

PunBB bbcode test

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

The Motion Hero wrote:

Would this be acceptable for the MOD. The Red pieces touching side by side

PunBB bbcode test

It looks like the red and black bricks are touching each other, so this counts.

Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:
LASF wrote:

Is it a continuous shot? One where it starts out wide then zooms in? If that's the case, yes that counts. But if the shot starts zoomed in and does not change, it does not count.

It starts wide, yes. Though, it doesn't zoom in, but it rather snaps to the face. Does that still count?

Is this the kind of thing you're talking about? I got away with it there. Even though it's staggered, it's still clearly the same shot. Maybe it's not quite the same circumstances though, because in that shot the letter mod is always present, even if it begins out of focus.

LASF wrote:
Fun Sucker wrote:
LASF wrote:

It starts wide, yes. Though, it doesn't zoom in, but it rather snaps to the face. Does that still count?

Sure, that counts.

Youtube   Twitter