Topic: Backpack

Directory Link

Backpack

YouTube

This short was a learning experience for me in preparation for my next actual film. I focused on more full sound design (now that I have an editor with unlimited audio tracks) and developing a more lively animation style. This also served as a good test of outdoor lighting. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out, and think it's a big technical improvement over my past work.

Re: Backpack

Nice.
Looks like he needs one of these.
And I wouldn't be complaining about that fact regarding food, but whatever. mini/tongue

There were a few tiny bumps on the figure here and there, but the animation is smooth, and the set and lighting are both great. The sound design is noticeably more full and pleasing to the ear, although that many concentrated bird sounds for that long may be a bit unnatural.

I think you certainly accomplished what you were going for with this one. And had some fun doing it too.

"Why?"

Minifigures, always questioning everything...

Fantastic, I enjoyed this. I really liked the sharp focus on the minifigure. Keep up the good work! mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

That was great.  Really enjoyed the animation.  And your lack of light flicker is, wow!  How do you accomplish that.  What is your setup like?

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Nice short. The delivery of "Why!?" really sold it.

Photography looks great on this--excellent work! mini/bigsmile

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

@Pritchard: I agree about the bird sounds, but it's what I could find for ambiance; and I'm certainly not recording my own nature sounds in the middle of San Diego. mini/tongue I made the rest of the sounds myself, though. mini/smile

Brick Block Animations wrote:

That was great.  Really enjoyed the animation.  And your lack of light flicker is, wow!  How do you accomplish that.  What is your setup like?

All the normal conditions: total absence of natural light (shooting at night), DSLR on fully manual settings using slow shutter speeds, manual focus lens, and dark clothing. There's a lot of information on this topic around the site.

Thanks for all the comments, guys! mini/smile