Topic: One Universe Epi 1.

Directory Link

One Universe Epi 1.

Link 1

The DC & Marvel heroes amalgamated into One Universe.

Big thanks to all the people who helped voice in the series premiere. It could not have been done without you. To date my biggest production yet with 14 voice actors and seven sets all built from scratch. Please enjoy and please comment.

Re: One Universe Epi 1.

Pretty good, but the animation was inconsistent, choppy and there was a whole lot of dead space.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Wow--great job--this is epic! I see all kinds of improvements--your sets have great detail in this film. Someone commented that the animation was choppy, but you have come a long way and to me it was pretty smooth and improving with each release.

I really enjoyed the variety of voices... that's a big cast. Your writing is always top notch and I like that your stories are always the focus. With that in mind I think it'd be cool if you peppered in some more action moments for a little more visual fun.

The only other suggestion... don't forget the importance/impact of your soundtrack. I think adding more ambiance / sound-scapey crap would add a lot. You use your music effectively (loved the build up of the first scene, with yours truly) and adding the background sounds of a lab would have taken it up another level.

Keep up the great work!

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Watching toniught, and the answer to your personal message to me is yes.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Woodrow Village wrote:

Wow--great job--this is epic! I see all kinds of improvements--your sets have great detail in this film. Someone commented that the animation was choppy, but you have come a long way and to me it was pretty smooth and improving with each release.

I really enjoyed the variety of voices... that's a big cast. Your writing is always top notch and I like that your stories are always the focus. With that in mind I think it'd be cool if you peppered in some more action moments for a little more visual fun.

The only other suggestion... don't forget the importance/impact of your soundtrack. I think adding more ambiance / sound-scapey crap would add a lot. You use your music effectively (loved the build up of the first scene, with yours truly) and adding the background sounds of a lab would have taken it up another level.

Keep up the great work!

Picking music for that scene was giving me fits. really struggled with what would fit the scene.
But after 3 nights I found something.
You make a good point need more ambiance.
Yes there will be action. Just have not got to that episode yet LOL.
Was a big cast and episode 2 looks to have another 10 people needed to bring it to life.
Have started pre production already.
You were great as Otto by the way.
Look forward to having you back behind the mic.
Thanks for the kind words.

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Watching toniught, and the answer to your personal message to me is yes.

Thanks bud. You killed as Grimm. Although not a big fan of the movies I always loved the voice of Micheal Chiklis as the Thing.
You scared me how eerily close you sounded like him LOL.
Very happy you will be back for episode 2.

Just bumping this one up. PEOPLE--check it out!

I go to FERRARA ENTERTAINMENT and I'm always shocked more people aren't watching Antonio's movies. The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters series is comedy writing at its finest! mini/bigsmile If his take on bumbling comedy duo don't make you smile I'll refund your admission cost.

AF: I appreciate that you take the time to hunt until you find the perfect music--I'm the same way with all audio--obsessive sometimes. Your hard work and searching paid off--totally added tons of drama to that scene.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

I finally got to watch this morning.  If that globe is something you built, it's really awesome!  I think the vision is grand and you have a good story to start off.  The music is also perfect, but the pacing is slow and the animation is dry.  To me and many others, this isn't nearly as important as the quality of the story, which are your strong points.  The good thing is that the more you do, the better you get.

WI reach Village wrote:

Just bumping this one up. PEOPLE--check it out!

I go to FERRARA ENTERTAINMENT and I'm always shocked more people aren't watching Antonio's movies. The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters series is comedy writing at its finest! mini/bigsmile If his take on bumbling comedy duo don't make you smile I'll refund your admission cost.

AF: I appreciate that you take the time to hunt until you find the perfect music--I'm the same way with all audio--obsessive sometimes. Your hard work and searching paid off--totally added tons of drama to that scene.

I'm at a point where it doesn't bother me the amount of views I get.
Long as I reach one person I am happy.
I know I will never shake the earth with my videos but I do know I will
always have a solid story or else there is no point in doing it.
Thanks for the kind words.

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

I finally got to watch this morning.  If that globe is something you built, it's really awesome!  I think the vision is grand and you have a good story to start off.  The music is also perfect, but the pacing is slow and the animation is dry.  To me and many others, this isn't nearly as important as the quality of the story, which are your strong points.  The good thing is that the more you do, the better you get.

Thank you sir. The animation is coming along slowly but eventually.
The story is always first and foremost to me and sometimes I am my
own worst enemy.
Glad you liked it and look forward to you reprising your role as Ben Grimm.

By the by, I'd rather have my real name in the credits, but that's okay.

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

By the by, I'd rather have my real name in the credits, but that's okay.

Won't happen again bud.

An awesome bridging of two great comic book universes.  I am impressed as your animation is getting better but was still a bit choppy at some points.  Keep at it though.  I am excited for this series and think it will be wonderfully plot heavy as your films usually are.  Overall great job on story and voice acting!

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Brick Block Animations wrote:

An awesome bridging of two great comic book universes.  I am impressed as your animation is getting better but was still a bit choppy at some points.  Keep at it though.  I am excited for this series and think it will be wonderfully plot heavy as your films usually are.  Overall great job on story and voice acting!

Thanks bud and glad you enjoyed it.
I am equally excited to do this series and have scripted the entire first season which will consist of 12 episodes.
Thanks for watching and watch out for episode 2 which is already in pre production.

Brick Block Animations wrote:

The voice acting  was great. Was very fortunate to have been able to assemble such a strong cast.

The story was intriguing, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Well, you can't go wrong by having Mary Charles in your script; she's the female, Lego stop-motion film version of Morgan Freeman!

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Well, you can't go wrong by having Mary Charles in your script; she's the female, Lego stop-motion film version of Morgan Freeman!

Her voice talent alone just elevates your work.