Topic: Test

Test

Youtube

It's been a while since I posted my two videos (not here). I had no plans in making more, but I have tests in order to see if it is useful for my upcoming stop-motions. This one is one of them.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Re: Test

The animation isn't bad, but the lighting and auto-focus are a bit harsh. This is most likely due to the fact that you just used a phone app, so it's not that hard of a fix. Some of your other videos have pretty decent lighting though. Keep practicing!

Since this is a test video, it probably belongs in the WIPs and Tests forum.

As for the video itself, it needs some work. Your animation (which I suppose was the main point you made the test, because the video didn't have a story) was jerky. Taking more frames for each action would help smooth it out. As for the lighting, I suggest you get better lamps and not use the built-in flash. Also, if you can, turn off auto focus on the phone and use manual. mini/wink

Keep on practicing!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

UnknownBrick Films wrote:

The animation isn't bad, but the lighting and auto-focus are a bit harsh. This is most likely due to the fact that you just used a phone app, so it's not that hard of a fix. Some of your other videos have pretty decent lighting though. Keep practicing!

Thanks. My lamp actually has broke down and my iPhone's light is used in my stop-motion app. And yes, my 3 videos are a practice. mini/wink

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

rioforce wrote:

Since this is a test video, it probably belongs in the WIPs and Tests forum.

As for the video itself, it needs some work. Your animation (which I suppose was the main point you made the test, because the video didn't have a story) was jerky. Taking more frames for each action would help smooth it out. As for the lighting, I suggest you get better lamps and not use the built-in flash. Also, if you can, turn off auto focus on the phone and use manual. mini/wink

Keep on practicing!

@ "Since this is a test video, it probably belongs in the WIPs and Tests forum." So that's where I shall put my test?

My apologies for bad animation (my iPhone's battery was almost out of power). The Lego Movie Maker App, however, gives the frame rate number 10 as the limit. I will probably use a better camera someday. Thanks for the tips. mini/wink

-TSV