Topic: LEGO Death's Head in "High Noon, Tex!"

Directory Link

LEGO Death's Head in "High Noon, Tex!"

Youtube

Bounty hunter, or more accurately, "Freelance Peacekeeping Agent" Death's Head was hired to kill someone, it went well. A little massacre of some animals, burning down a farm, all was good. Until his brother found out.

Re: LEGO Death's Head in "High Noon, Tex!"

I love this video! The comic-book style of it is really great. Fantastic job Aaron!

Dude, this is why I'm so glad to have you onboard with the project. I'd honestly never heard of Death's Head until you started talking about him, and he makes a really fresh and interesting addition to the MBU: darkly funny, visually bizarre (Death's Head's appearance is just so wonderfully classic-comic), and unique in the fact that I don't think anyone else will have done a Death's Head brickfilm before.

Very much looking forward to the longer installment mini/bigsmile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Very cool video.  I loved the stylized look of it, the comic book feel of it.  I'm a fan of the Death's Head comic and the title anti-hero.  A tip of the hat to Simon Furman there in the end.  Furman, the creator of Death's Head, made the comic as dark as it is funny.  It looks like your video upholds the duality well.  And you have him say "... yes?" every other line; his catch phrase/word!

To those that don't know this part of it, Death's Head is actually a spinoff of the Transformers comic universe.  Here in the US, only the hardcore TF fans are aware of his presence, as he was almost exclusively a UK character.  When Simon Furman and his team came to America and began writing for the US Transformers, there was no Death Head, as they were writing in a different continuity.  The UK had its own continuity, but got both worlds because every few weeks (The UK TFs were published weekly, not monthly), they switched back and forth between their original stories and reprints of the US continuity!  Lucky ducks!

Anyway, Simon Furman and Co are pretty open to the fan community and it wouldn't surprise me if they enjoyed your work themselves.  I actually met Andrew Wildman, the artist from the UK team who often switched out with Geoff Senior as the feature artist in the US (I actually don't like Senior's work until Generation 2; it seemed flat and lifeless to me), but he seemed like an easy-going, relate to the fan kind of guy.

Keep pressing on with this project; I'm really stoked about its completion!

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (June 17, 2015 (07:15pm))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Very cool video.  I loved the stylized look of it, the comic book feel of it.  I'm a fan of the Death's Head comic and the title anti-hero.  A tip of the hat to Simon Furman there in the end.  Furman, the creator of Death's Head, made the comic as dark as it is funny.  It looks like your video upholds the duality well.  And you have him say "... yes?" every other line; his catch phrase/word!

To those that don't know this part of it, Death's Head is actually a spinoff of the Transformers comic universe.  Here in the US, only the hardcore TF fans are aware of his presence, as he was almost exclusively a UK character.  When Simon Furman and his team came to America and began writing for the US Transformers, there was no Death Head, as they were writing in a different continuity.  The UK had its own continuity, but got both worlds because every few weeks (The UK TFs were published weekly, not monthly), they switched back and forth between their original stories and reprints of the US continuity!  Lucky ducks!

Anyway, Simon Furman and Co are pretty open to the fan community and it wouldn't surprise me if they enjoyed your work themselves.  I actually met Andrew Wildman, the artist from the UK team who often switched out with Geoff Senior as the feature artist in the US (I actually don't like Senior's work until Generation 2; it seemed flat and lifeless to me), but he seemed like an easy-going, relate to the fan kind of guy.

Keep pressing on with this project; I'm really stoked about its completion!

Ta muchly, I was really pushing the more comic-aspects, especially visually. I just feel it fits the character quite well.

Death's Head is one of my favourite character origins. Created for Transformers, but considered too fun and
had his rights confirmed with Marvel over Hasbro with a single page strip. Then, for him to fit with the size of humans in the Marvel universe, he had a collision with the TARDIS and the Doctor shrank him and banished him to the future Marvel universe. Just looking through my filmography it's plain to see I am also a fan of the Doctor, so.

On his first full appearance in Transformers 113 of the Marvel UK run, I just managed to buy it. Colour me giddy.