Topic: The Fate of Exillius II

Directory Link

The Fate of Exillius II

Youtube

The spaceship Exillius II is on its way to one of Jupiters moons to collect Gilldrium rocks then an unkown Alien species siezes control of the ship.

Spoiler (click to read)

They win at the end It's hard to tell what happens because the Animation and the Noises go really qiuck.

Last edited by Smocktopus (May 18, 2015 (06:50pm))

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Re: The Fate of Exillius II

While I didn't understand every detail of the story, I got the concept, and it was good. I like the use of the classic Mars Mission aliens, those are always cool. The story development was a bit lacking. I didn't really know why the aliens wanted to destroy the humans, nor why the humans wanted to destroy the aliens.

Despite that, the film pretty good. The animation could use a lot of work, though. It was jerky and inconsistent. The lighting was fair, I like the use of a flashlight for explosions and things. I congratulate you for making a 5 minute brickfilm. Keep it up! mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

While I didn't understand every detail of the story, I got the concept, and it was good. I like the use of the classic Mars Mission aliens, those are always cool. The story development was a bit lacking. I didn't really know why the aliens wanted to destroy the humans, nor why the humans wanted to destroy the aliens.

Despite that, the film pretty good. The animation could use a lot of work, though. It was jerky and inconsistent. The lighting was fair, I like the use of a flashlight for explosions and things. I congratulate you for making a 5 minute brickfilm. Keep it up! mini/smile

Thanks! I don't really understand why they wanted to destroy each other either Haha

Last edited by Smocktopus (May 20, 2015 (07:57am))

Congratz on a 5 min. brickfilm! I know something like this is a lot of work, and you got it done on a deadline amidst certain circumstances.

The coolest things about this was the space lighting, I thought that was pretty neat. Also when the alien tied up the human on the chair, I liked that animation. You kept the movie at a decent pace, which was good. Though like Rioforce said the story was kinda lacking. A reason why the aliens were attacking and where Exillius was headed too would have helped fill in the gaps.

The animation could use some more easing and more consistency, there were also a few set bumps. I liked the sounds you used, they were all nice! Though another layer would have made it more elaborate and exciting.

Nonetheless you did a good job! Keep it up Tim!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight wrote:

Congratz on a 5 min. brickfilm! I know something like this is a lot of work, and you got it done on a deadline amidst certain circumstances.

The coolest things about this was the space lighting, I thought that was pretty neat. Also when the alien tied up the human on the chair, I liked that animation. You kept the movie at a decent pace, which was good. Though like Rioforce said the story was kinda lacking. A reason why the aliens were attacking and where Exillius was headed too would have helped fill in the gaps.

The animation could use some more easing and more consistency, there were also a few set bumps. I liked the sounds you used, they were all nice! Though another layer would have made it more elaborate and exciting.

Nonetheless you did a good job! Keep it up Tim!

Thanks! I thinking about making a Sequel and if I do I'll try make the story better.

This is one of those films that's not visually stunning, but very enjoyable to watch.