Topic: Rednecks & Redcoats

Directory Link

Rednecks & Redcoats

YouTube

A family of southern rednecks have an unusual encounter with a being from another land...

I made this film in the summer of 2014 as my summer brickfilm project. It all started one day when I was collaborating with church friends about brickfilm ideas. Well, needless to say, I wrote the script and began production. I originally planned on two of my friends to voice in the film, but it worked out that only one could. I actually never completed the film all the way. Some sound effects, voices, etc are incomplete/missing. I am finally getting around to uploading this video now. I hope you enjoy, and remember, the animation isn't up to my more recent standards. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Rednecks & Redcoats

This was pretty funny.  You had some great gags in hereand I really liked your brick built animals, even though they were a bit large.

The idea behind this was great! However, you could tell it was unfinished. That may have just been because you said it at the start. I also liked the hounds, them being built made them look strange to me at first. After I heard the barking though, I got it right away.

Make no apologies--this is funny and awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

I'm glad you let this film out in the wild. It may be unfinished, but it's still quite entertaining.
The brick-built animals also threw me for a loop at first, but by the end, I was used to them.

It's unfinished, obviously. But even this unpolished version is a solid film. Although I would have recommended making the British guy even more 'posh' to further exaggerate the difference of cultures. Sadly, I give directions just like the rednecks, and identify with them slightly more than is probably healthy....Which only made this film that much more hilarious. mini/wink

There's always something appealing about a clean and fun short that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments, guys, I appreciate it. I didn't really expect it to get bumped half a year after I uploaded it, haha.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

How does this not have five stars? mini/jaw  I showed it to my family after watching it mini/smile