Topic: Turtles and Girlfriends

Directory Link

Turtles and Girlfriends

YouTube

mod edit: this film contains mild profanity.

Thursday night release...

Lately we've been taking some heat for being too edgy. Here is something the whole family can dislike together--kids and all.

Rated G. Seriously.

Last edited by Sméagol (April 16, 2015 (11:24pm))

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Re: Turtles and Girlfriends

People should relax.
Your stuff is great love the edginess.
This was another classic, great work.

Was sort of expecting it would end in some sort of drug-fueled turtle orgy. But this was fun, too.

I may have derived some enjoyment from having to add a content warning to this one. PG rated, at least.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

People should relax.
Your stuff is great love the edginess.
This was another classic, great work.

You do know that not everyone approves of the approach he takes to his movies, so stop getting at us.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Let's keep this civil, guys. If you don't like the film, you are free to express why you don't like it, but be fair in your assessment. And to others, let's avoid antagonizing those who don't like these types of films.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Let's keep this civil, guys. If you don't like the film, you are free to express why you don't like it, but be fair in your assessment. And to others, let's avoid antagonizing those who don't like these types of films.

It humors me that people are seemingly watching Woodrow Village's films just because they don't like them. If I had that sort of power, I'd have a million views by now. mini/tongue

Seriously, though, this is a pretty good brickfilm! I'm loving the soundtrack. It's not quite as groovin' as something like that of Twelve Bucks, but, it still stands out.

The story, like most of your other films, seems to revolve around a simple subject, and tries to build up to mainly one joke. I'd love to see you do a longer and more complex story in the future, as, I think it would be a bit more memorable if it's not over in just a few minutes.

I still think you could work on your focus a bit, but hey, your sets are genius. And the characters never seem out of place.

I'd like to think of this film as your Sgt. Pepper - trying something different in the face of the critics. Some people are always going to think your 'too edgy,' but, for the others, it's nice to see you pumping out films this fast. Keep up the good work, Woodrow.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Harborlight wrote:

You do know that not everyone approves of the approach he takes to his movies, so stop getting at us.

I like people's videos who film outside of the box instead of the same same. If my comment offended you that was not my intention. Just expressing my point is all.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Not trying to antagonize at all. Just expressing my view on a film is all and it was taken out off context.
And you are so right Nathan different strokes for different folks.

It it is like the Forrest Fire debate. So many people don't like his stuff yet they watch his videos? I enjoy Forrest's video's and have no problem saying I do and to say to people why watch his stuff if you know you are going to be offended by it?
Same could be said for Woodorow, if you know his work and what he is going to produce why watch it if you are going to be offended by it? My belief is film what you like because no matter what you do you wont be able to make everyone happy.

mod edit: no triple-posting, please.

Last edited by Sméagol (April 17, 2015 (10:37am))

Wow. Thanks for all the criticism, compliments, etc. The comment on "focus" really stood out as I struggle with this skill. I'm open to any advice on that subject!

It takes a lot of restraint to not write replies to each comment--especially when you want to defend yourself. And that's not something I want to do.

I film/make stuff that either I know, or stuff I think is funny or a good idea. It's just me. I'm the creator and the filter--there's no marketing team, or any agenda to "get views" or shock anyone. For better or worse my films are pretty close to what it would be like hanging out with me.

To the guy who wrote he would have a million views if he had my power... come on! mini/bigsmile What--do you think I sold my soul to the devil or something? haha.

AND FINALLY... imagine your excitement when you see that the fabled Nathan Wells joins the discussion of your film... and then the heartbreak when he's only chiming in to police us minions! mini/wink I should use my "powers" to provoke some criticism from that guy!

mini/smile

Last edited by Woodrow Village (April 17, 2015 (12:22pm))

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

I'd rather pay more attention to the turtle than my girlfriend, but I wouldn't be let off easy...

That said, this animation was good. An interesting story of a man paying more attention to an animal than a woman. Animation was great, and the voice acting was decent. Keep it up.