Topic: Lego Ultimate Spider Man - Episode 1: "In the clutches of the Kingpin"

Directory Link

Lego Ultimate Spider Man - Episode 1: "In the clutches of the Kingpin"

youtube

Spider-Man tries to defeat the Kingpin, but faces his first super villain in the process.

Released it early, just because. It's shorter than it used to be. There was a whole back story for Hobie involving his wife, with Brick7. But I cut it. The scene will be in another episode. This isn't my best. I started working on this 9 months ago. Hopefully, the next few episodes come out sooner, and they will definitely be better.

This begins the Ultimate Marvel Brickfilm Universe. Excited for all the future stories ahead.

PS, stay after the credits. Something big is coming.

Last edited by funmiproductions (April 11, 2015 (08:27pm))

Re: Lego Ultimate Spider Man - Episode 1: "In the clutches of the Kingpin"

I liked it but the Voice Acting could use a little work

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

What part of the voice acting Tims Videos?

Personally I liked it. The story was cool, and the animation was better than average. I give it 4 mini/smile

JMCStudios wrote:

Kingpin sounded a little bad To me.

Tims Videos wrote:
JMCStudios wrote:

Really? Well does anyone else think that?

JMCStudios wrote:
Tims Videos wrote:
JMCStudios wrote:

Really? Well does anyone else think that?

Afraid so. The voice acting was the weakest part of the video.

That said, Funmi, overall this was great. Your sets are a tad bland and you could sharpen up some of your angles, but your animation is getting smoother and the choppy black-cuts during the opening were a great stylistic choice. Looking forward to seeing how this series pans out! (that post-credits was quite forboding too)

Also what do you mean by 'Ultimate Marvel Brickfilm Universe'?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

Also what do you mean by 'Ultimate Marvel Brickfilm Universe'?

Just keeping a distinction. Not planning any universe things, except some team ups. (And Secret Wars.)

Thanks guys. I'll have better voice acting in the future then. I just hope to learn more, and make each episode better than the last.

The post credits scene is a tease for Spider-Verse. Hopefully, I get to cross over with other animators. If not, I'll adapt the story myself.

Last edited by funmiproductions (April 12, 2015 (02:47pm))

I liked it.
Though like others said, the voice acting wasn't all that great. Peter's voice was good IMO.
Also when having characters talking it might be best to have the character move a little while talking since one of the scenes looked like you took one pic and just added a voice over it.
One other thing that bothered me was the fight in the beginning because on how short the segments were between the fade out parts.

Your story was interesting and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next! mini/smile

Well looks like I am never getting casted for voice acting again. Or ever voice acting on my own videos. mini/blankexpression

I like your story. Spider-Man is my favourite Marvel superhero butI don't follow the comics. I guess I have to study who the characters are in my spare time.
The animation was good, but the fight scene was lacking something. When the characters punched each other, the "puncher" was pivoting on one foot. It's best to have "anticipation" before action, that's like pulling a punch before releasing it. Maybe we didn't see it because it was cut, or it just didn't happen.

Anticipation: "This movement prepares the audience for a major action the character is about to perform, such as, starting to run, jump or change expression. A dancer does not just leap off the floor. A backwards motion occurs before the forward action is executed. The backward motion is the anticipation. A comic effect can be done by not using anticipation after a series of gags that used anticipation. Almost all real action has major or minor anticipation such as a pitcher's wind-up or a golfers' back swing. Feature animation is often less broad than short animation unless a scene requires it to develop a characters person"
-http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/anim_principles.html

Also, the characters didn't lean in much when they were punching. Let's take kicking a ball off the ground for example, kicking a ball is more than lifting one leg, it is the entire body working together at the same time. When the leg kicks the ball, the body lean backwards (sometimes forwards) but never stays upright.

Good luck and have fun animating for future projects, I look forward to Spider-Verse.

JMCStudios wrote:

Well looks like I am never getting casted for voice acting again. Or ever voice acting on my own videos. mini/blankexpression

I have the admit, the voice acting wasn't very good. But hey, don't be a pessimist. Keep you head up and always say "I will do better". Your voice doesn't sound like it's talking but more like was breathing into the mic in order to do a deeper voice. I could be your microphone's problem but it's best not to blame you tools. The pitch is also quite high so I suggest taking a break from voice acting if you feel like it, but don't quit.
As your age grows, your voices naturally deepens, that's why a toddler's voice sounds very different to an adult's. To be honest, I have done a bit of acting for my school's film festival a few years back (I've now graduated from the school), and my voice does not sound like it fits the role. Thinking back to it now, I could possibly to do the role better but still not be satisfied, maybe in the future, I can do it better. What I'm trying to get across is that it may take some time for you to get the voice you want to achieve, you may not notice it now but when you grow older, you look back at yourself and think "Wow, my voice sounded so different!".

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

JMCStudios wrote:

You're the voice? If you you are just need work on it a bit. Keep practicing:)

I thought this was pretty good Fumni! Your animation is definitely improving, and I'm glad to see that. The story is pretty good, and the like Jampot said the fight scene was nice. The green screening was also good.  I liked the voice to Spider Man, and I didn't think the voice for Kingpin was that bad. Don't take their critiques personally JMCStudios and keep trying to improve on where you think you need too.

The sets could have been a bit more detailed, for some more visual variety. But I'm guessing you didn't have the pieces. There could be some more camera angles as well. During dialogue scenes try to use more angles, because if the camera is just switching back and forth between two shots, then it can get repetitive and bore the viewer.

But all in all, I thought this was awesome! I look forward to episode 2 and the Marvel Brickfilm Universe! mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Thank you guys. Glad to see people like this series.