Topic: LEGO Monty Python: The Tale of Sir Launcelot

Directory Link

LEGO Monty Python: The Tale of Sir Launcelot

YouTube

The tale of Sir Launcelot in his search for the Holy Grail! How it really happened...

Thanks to Monty Python for the great classic!

Re: LEGO Monty Python: The Tale of Sir Launcelot

5/5 bricks!
I loved it all the way. The subtle body movements of the guards was very good.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

I don't quite understand it, because I don't know the source material, but I thought it was funny anyway. The repeated clip was humorous, I laughed at that. I really like how you made the spear have motion blur, that was nice. The overall animation was really well done, too. Keep it up! mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

So, I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and still don't get it.
But that's ok, since the production values on this are amazing.

The animation is super smooth, the motion blur is used perfectly, and while the repetitious footage did get a bit old, it was all to make the punchline that much better.

Great job.

Thanks everyone!

rioforce wrote:

I don't quite understand it, because I don't know the source material, but I thought it was funny anyway.

I would say that it would help to watch the movie, but...

Pritchard Studio wrote:

So, I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and still don't get it.

This is a frame for frame remake of the movie (excluding the ending). So the repetition is part of the actual film. I did take the liberty to do the guards movements in more of a LEGO fashion. The real movie would have caused rather boring static scenes when in the LEGO format.

The motion blur is fantastic isn't it! AnW did a great job with the post production! mini/tongue
Ninety percent of the production time was actually the post production (which was largely do to my lack of organization in the filming process... and in my set design).

The amount of detail and skill put into this is incredible.

Congrats. This is one of my favourite parts of the movie, and you recreated it perfectly. The frame animation has such crisp quality, it closely and beautifully resembles that of the original film. The ending was pretty well done, too.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

There is nothing to get, it's just funny, and that is great. If you want an in depth analysis check this out

Thank you Funmi and Mickey, glad you enjoyed it and that you thought I did the original film justice.

SlothPaladin wrote:

There is nothing to get, it's just funny, and that is great.

That's exactly the point of this short! Thanks for the comment.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Thanks for the comments on our production quality, we do try quite hard to keep everything to a high standard. As for people not really 'getting' it, sorry, can't really help you. Maybe watch the original scene and ask yourself, "What if those guys weren't so dumb?".