Topic: Moai Conversation

Directory Link

Moai Conversation

SpewTube

Made for Easter 2015
Between 200 and 250 lego pieces were used in the making of the film.
Most shots were filmed at 15 frames per second. The frame rate changes throughout.
All the voices were by me.

Last edited by Kd2000 (April 5, 2015 (03:53am))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Re: Moai Conversation

I think we should take a minute to appreciate how insanely well-animated the mouth movements were. Despite its brevity, this is something to be very proud of, Kd.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Ha ha that was great, and I agree with Jampot the mouths were splendid! Good job Kd!

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

This animation is fantastic! You even got tongues and teeth in there. I loved how the heads were not tied down to a baseplate and the bounciness of the right head and slight movements of both made it look even better.

This is awesome! One of the more original takes on the EASTER theme that I've seen, and some really creative animation as well. Great work.

https://i.imgur.com/x8mil9Z.png

Very creative, kd, I enjoyed it. There was some light flicker here and there that was distracting, but I can overlook it, because those models are wonderfully animated. Good job. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

jampot wrote:

I think we should take a minute to appreciate how insanely well-animated the mouth movements were. Despite its brevity, this is something to be very proud of, Kd.

Why thank you!

sillypenta wrote:

This animation is fantastic! You even got tongues and teeth in there. I loved how the heads were not tied down to a baseplate and the bounciness of the right head and slight movements of both made it look even better.

I intentionally wanted to used baseplates but I don't have green baseplates. I bought poster paper and it blew my budget. I am quite glad that I didn't use baseplates because it made the ground look less cluttered. The bad thing about the flat surface is that when I lift up the figure and place it back down, it's not in the exact same position. Onion skin makes it look like it's place like where it was in the previous frame, but the difference is tiny. When in playback, the figures look like they're moving backwards/forwards very slowly.

rioforce wrote:

Very creative, kd, I enjoyed it. There was some light flicker here and there that was distracting, but I can overlook it, because those models are wonderfully animated. Good job.

Light flickers... That's a problem.

Any more critiques? Especially with the audio and the voice acting. What could be improved and how?

I might do a behind the scenes type of thing, so do you have any questions you want to know the answer of?

Last edited by Kd2000 (April 9, 2015 (12:36am))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Nice, I don't recall any other entries making use of the Easter Island connection, nor are there any other talking heads jumping around this year either. Thus, this short carries a very unique tone and feel, but one that felt half-polished and a bit lacking.

The animation is incredibly good, not only matching the dialog well, but giving both heads a life and vibrancy that many times is absent in even minifigures. The paper set and light flicker are somewhat distracting, and lead to this looking far less professionally done that it truly is. The plot was a bit different, and came off a bit unpolished and undeveloped.

It truly is very impressive, and stands out well, but the impression left was one of a basic test that comes before a more polished, complete, and substantial film.

I love the use of the larger-scale figures, in this case moais, and the mouth animation. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to do when rocking back and forth, but having them move some instead of simple, stationary heads gave them character.