Topic: The Uprising

Directory Link

The Uprising

YouTube

The time will come!  Be prepared!

Re: The Uprising

I really like entries like this. The simple one-liner works very well for EASTER entries since they can only be 20 seconds long. The animating was also great; especially when one of the minifigs fell over. I also liked the way the camera stayed in one place, it adds to the simplicity of the story. Overall I liked the whole thing!

That was great, Daniel. I like how the set isn't terribly detailed, but still serves its purpose. I like the running too, and the guy falling. The one critique I have is that CGI fire, I just didn't think it fit, it made everything look orange, and I thought it was a bit strange. But I still liked the film, you did a great job as always. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

The lighting is bright, the scenery is colorful, the story is short and sweet, and the animation is smooth. Awesome job, Daniel!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Great use of a single long shot to tell a story!
I love the simplicity and execution, often with a contest like this it's better to polish something small and simple rather than to try packing in as much complexity as possible, and this is does a perfect job with what it attempts. But the concept has been done many times before, with several using the "revenge" theme this year alone. Still made me laugh audibly…Twice. So it's one of the more entertaining, by far.

The crowd animation was handled excellently, and the comedic timing was spot-on. I thought the fire was a nice addition, as it showed the violence and hatred in a quickly identifiable way, but to each his own.

Great entry!  At first glance, it's pretty basic, yet manages to tell a complete story and feels neither too rushed or too drawn out.  It's an excellent example of what a 20-second film should be.  The fact that it's a single shot adds a simplicity and character to the film as well, and helps make the "reveal" all the funnier.  A charming short!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'm going to echo what's already been said here - this single-shot film conveyed what it needed to very well. The smaller things are fun, too, like the tripping and, like Pritchard said, the fire.

This film was a very simple joke, yet you can clearly see the time and effort put in to filming and editing this film. The characters running had the quality of an expert brick filmer. Even the way you made your character fall over looked advanced, especially the way he skid forward a little as he fell! The effects you added to the torch fire made it more realistic, and the dust cloud that followed the bunny hoard! Even with all of these, on of the best parts were your sound effects! They were timed perfectly and conveyed each message perfectly! Nice work!

I LOVE all the bunnies how'd you find all the pieces for them?