Re: The 2014 Bricks in Motion Awards - Nominees

OK, how did I miss Action Bill? And I wasn't the only one, but boy am I glad that ya'll saw it.
It's a good film. Best film? No. But a good film nevertheless.

Kinda surprised to see STEAMPUNK on here, glad to know Tom's great score overcame what is otherwise one of my more flawed works. Thanks for the nomination!

This is awesome!  So is everything!  I hope to see some awards for "That's The Way It Goes".  It's a great example of clean, timeless humor as well as a massive undertaking to make such a long story.  I also like "Plastic Love" and "Time For Sale", and am glad those films got nominations.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Kinda surprised to see STEAMPUNK on here, glad to know Tom's great score overcame what is otherwise one of my more flawed works. Thanks for the nomination!

And I'm glad you sent me an email about this because otherwise I would've totally missed this. mini/lol

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Wow - honored to receive an unexpected nomination!

Not sure if it is appropriate to do so in this thread but I would like to voice my support for Pokeballin' 2 in the Best Animation category.

Smooth walk cycles and elaborate movements are impressive, but Dylan really pushed the envelope with his animation. He juggled multiple scales, utilized multiple designs for the same character and exhibited unique movements and animation techniques seamlessly to tell a very amusing story. Incredibly impressive and amazing. It inspires me to push beyond the minifigure based construct that dominates today's brickfilms. It's a great example of what animation can be.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

I'm really honored for the several nominations ! mini/bigsmile

I honestly didn't expect that... I knew from the very beginning that Plastic Love would be a simpler, more basic short than Copyright, and that people would probably pay less attention to this one.

Now, I'm really happy ! And glad to see Jean-Marie Pexoto received a nomination for his vocal performance as Edmond. He's always doing great. In my opinion, Audrey Sourdive (who's doing the voice for Brigitte) deserves attention as well, as she's probably the best thing that happened to the production of Plastic Love. What an actress !
The french dialogue probably doesn't help english-talking audience to know whether a comedian is good or not, but I confirm you she IS ! ^^

Anyway, congrats to the nominees, thanks to Nathan and Zach and all the team for preparing such an event...
Now waiting for the results ! mini/bigsmile

PunBB bbcode test