Topic: The Adventures of Lance Toad #1

Directory Link

The Adventures of Lance Toad #1

Yout Tube

Let us hear a tale of Lance Toad, from the Villain's point of view.

Re: The Adventures of Lance Toad #1

Not bad, I like the way the villain is the "main character" while the hero is the secondary character. The way you developed the villain's character, though, I would think the series (I suppose this is a series) would be about the villain, not about the hero that made a small appearance.

The lighting was nice in places, but was often inconsistent. I wish you would have put subtitles for the villain as well, because the processing on his voice made him hard to understand. The animation was nice, though. I enjoyed it.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised by this. Currently, I'm working on a sci-fi film that involves a bounty hunter named "Lance" and a villain with an aquanaut head! mini/eek Of course, the story is very different, but still...

Either way, I thought it was pretty good. Having a villain as a main character really sets this apart from most films.

Last edited by Brickcrazy (March 8, 2015 (07:29pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

This was neat.  I really liked some of the details you put into this, like the water coming out of the cup when it spilled.  The only suggestion I would have would be to next time change up the sets a bit.  The light grey highlighted with dark looks good, but having that in three locations could confuse viewers.  I'm looking forward to part 2.

rioforce wrote:

Not bad, I like the way the villain is the "main character" while the hero is the secondary character. The way you developed the villain's character, though, I would think the series (I suppose this is a series) would be about the villain, not about the hero that made a small appearance.

The lighting was nice in places, but was often inconsistent. I wish you would have put subtitles for the villain as well, because the processing on his voice made him hard to understand. The animation was nice, though. I enjoyed it.

Yeah the villain was a little hard to understand. I tried to fix it but couldn't get it any better. Subtitles for the villain was considered, but when I did it, it just didn't seem right. The lighting problem was just my camera. In the end, as long as you enjoyed it, I did what I was looking to do.

Last edited by Mosh5256 (March 9, 2015 (08:03am))

Greenshirt wrote:

This was neat.  I really liked some of the details you put into this, like the water coming out of the cup when it spilled.  The only suggestion I would have would be to next time change up the sets a bit.  The light grey highlighted with dark looks good, but having that in three locations could confuse viewers.  I'm looking forward to part 2.

Sadly, the sets were limited to my Lego collection. Hopefully in the next part, (which I wasn't going to do unless people would like to see one) I can make a few trips to the Lego store!

Brickcrazy wrote:

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised by this. Currently, I'm working on a sci-fi film that involves a bounty hunter named "Lance" and a villain with an aquanaut head! mini/eek Of course, the story is very different, but still...

Either way, I thought it was pretty good. Having a villain as a main character really sets this apart from most films.

I would love to see yours!

I liked it. The story so far is quite good and you're explaining the characters well enough for us to understand. As what Rioforce said about the main villian's voice, I completely agree. Try not synthesizing it too much and rather concentrate on the audio quality.
As for the lighting, it was good, but could have been more diverse in some shots. It was also inconsistent. The sets were also extremely similiar. The chase scene and the jail scene's sets should have been more different as I got lost between which set was which. This led to me not fully understanding the scene's.
Other than that, nice job.

LMDigitalMovies wrote:

I liked it. The story so far is quite good and you're explaining the characters well enough for us to understand. As what Rioforce said about the main villian's voice, I completely agree. Try not synthesizing it too much and rather concentrate on the audio quality.
As for the lighting, it was good, but could have been more diverse in some shots. It was also inconsistent. The sets were also extremely similiar. The chase scene and the jail scene's sets should have been more different as I got lost between which set was which. This led to me not fully understanding the scene's.
Other than that, nice job.

I agree, and I love comments that tell me what's wrong.

Minor bump here; looks like I forgot to comment on this one. I enjoyed what you created here and I see potential for if you decide to turn it into a series. It's nice to see a good plot-based brickfilm that doesn't need to rely on comedy to keep interest. I also liked how the prison cell set was lit, with the bright light coming through the wall and the darker areas elsewhere. It would have been nice to see similar lighting ideas employed elsewhere, though I did like how you employed in-set light special-effects during the other scenes. I'll be looking out for the next instalment.

Thanks for all the comments!

Last edited by Mosh5256 (November 26, 2015 (10:10am))

This is a cool movie. I just saw it today and I thought it was about a toad but it's much cooler than that.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.