Topic: Immortal

Directory Link

Immortal

Immortal

A contract with the devil? To obtain eternal life? It does not matter for the Alchemist, and he experiences a journey through hell, time and space.
This is the english version of our brickfilm 'Immortal'.

2014/2015 (C) Rainlight Animations
http://rainlight.net

Last edited by Rainlight (February 27, 2015 (02:10pm))

PunBB bbcode test

Re: Immortal

I loved this, great job. My only complain is that the dialog felt rushed.

I agree with Rockydude411, the dialogue did feel rushed and I think this should have been longer with slower dialogue. The animation was outstanding and the cgi was also very good and blended almost perfectly. Nice job!

Thank you, for the positive feedback! mini/smile

I agree with Rockydude411, the dialogue did feel rushed and I think this should have been longer with slower dialogue.

The reason behind this issue is that we orginally made this film in german, and the translation resulted in longer sentences , especially in the beginning. However, we have noticed this too late , and will be fix this issue for the next film.

PunBB bbcode test

For anyone with issues of the dub, there is an original German version which is subtitled, I personally prefer subtitles and I know some other members feel the same, but thank you for taking the time to both dub and subtitle the film, everyone should give it a watch, it is quite the achievement.

This was great.  I liked the tense atmosphere you created and think that this is one of the creepiest brickfilms I've seen.  Although I'm not generally a fan of cgi landscapes, I thought they worked well here for the surreal setting you were trying to achieve.  Can't wait to see your next one.

I think I would also say that I preferred the original German version with subtitles, since the timing and editing is made for it. It is nice to give people the option, though.

Anyway, I've said before that I loved this film but I think it's worth writing again in the thread. Visually, this could be one of the best brickfilms I've ever seen, and the film always stuck out in my mind even before it was translated and I could understand it. Definitely one of the best uses of CGI elements in a stop-motion brickfilm, a style which can often appear jarring. The whole film has such a great atmosphere, with the sets, music, lighting, and colour palette all contributing. Such fantastic work and I can't wait to see what's next.

I agree with everything that has been said about this film so far, but if I was to change one thing, I would move the credits to the end of the film. I feels kinda strange them playing through the middle of a six minute long film! mini/tongue
Other than that, I really liked this. Well done!

I just watched the subtitled version. Although I found the narrative a bit hard to follow, I was very impressed by the sense of atmosphere, the performances, and the gorgeous lighting. Well done and highly recommended!