Re: The 2015 Personal Brickfilming Goals Challenge

I - Make a few good films that are at least 2 minutes long during the summer.
II - Improve in my animating skills.

Last edited by Wammy (January 13, 2015 (07:08pm))

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

With persistence, If I were a Minifigure, you can find someone to animate your script.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

• release one film once a month

• make a movie over 5 minutes long

• actually get my music video started and finished

Last edited by GEF (January 13, 2015 (11:07am))

I wouldn't think that getting subscribers should be a goal. I see a few people put "get x number of subscribers" on their list, but that is something that is you cannot control. A new years resolution (or in this case, a personal brickfilming challenge) is something that you can do. Getting subscribers does not just happen. You have to prove yourself worthy of subscription. So instead of saying that, say "work on my animation skills" or something like that.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Your right, shouldn't be a new years resolution as it is out of our control, It is more something to hope for.

Animation skills, here I come. mini/tongue

I have had my youtube channel, "TheDylandProductions" since February 4th 2010. In the time since then, I have collaborated with Scarheart on her Johnny Thunder and Alpha Team series, being featured in 14 of her films alone. I have also composed completed original scores for 3 other brickfilmers.

I've tried my hardest to do the best job that I can on my brickfilms, and, have always animated around THAC and BRAWL time. My most recent video, BIM Celebrations, has received the most amount of praise and nice comments of any of my videos.

Yet, despite all of this, I have less than 100 subscribers on youtube...

rioforce wrote:

I wouldn't think that getting subscribers should be a goal.

I feel accomplished as a filmmaker. Subscribers should have nothing to do with the quality of your filmmaking, nor should they be an asset you should spend a majority of your time pursuing.

rioforce wrote:

You have to prove yourself worthy of subscription

If anything, this should be your goal. Don't focus on the number, focus on the effort, time, and determination that is needed to achieve subscribers.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

My Goals

• Create a brickfilm that isn't for a contest (and that I could say "Yes, I like this")

• Make a cyberpunk/spy brickfilm

• Contribute more to the forums (in a good way)

Last edited by Indy (February 2, 2015 (10:38pm))

1. Start animating again.
2. Finish an action film I began 2.5 years ago.
3. Begin filming a movie that I've had scripted for a long time.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Alright, it's the start of February, one month since the start of this challenge! How is everyone's progress? Let's hear updates!

Here are my goals:

Complete Appetite Lost by my birthday (June 16)
Make a brickfilm that features a female protagonist
Make a brickfilm that uses brick-built humanoid puppets, like David Pagano

Work on Appetite Lost continues, slowly but surely. I think once I fine-tune my animating set up I will be a good position to animate more frequently. Right now my set up is a little cramped. As for my other two goals, I have a script featuring a female protagonist that needs to be storyboarded, and I've built part of a brick-built puppet, but I don't have a story yet.

So no goals completed yet, but progress continues!

Squid wrote:
  • Finish Welcome to Darkmoor before the year's out

• Finish animating about a scene of Darkmoor once a month (I have five left)

• Make a nice side brickfilm in a relatively short amount of time so Darkmoor isn't the only thing I make this year

Well, I didn't finish the first scene for Darkmoor last month, but I got about half of it.  The next two scenes are much shorter so hopefully I can make up for it.

I've decided to release I Am The Night this year, and it just needs a little bit more animation, so that will work nicely as the side brickfilm.

Hopefully that will come out sometime before Welcome to Darkmoor's planned October release.

Here were my goals

tenny1028 wrote:
  • Get better at making music

• Reach forty subscribers at least

• Use more voices than mine in my brickfilms

Since the posting of that, I lost one subscriber. I may or may not have gotten any better at making music, and I think that, since I accomplished the third goal last year, I need to change my third goal.

I'm kind of late to the draw, but I will join you with my "New" Year's resolutions.

• Finish the Knotweed Knights poem and animate it

• Start a series (or similar) that I don't start to dislike before I make the second part

• Continue brickfilming

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

rioforce wrote:

My 2015 Brickfilming Goals

• Make a "feature-length" (10 mins  or so) brickfilm

• Perfect my animation (especially easing and pacing) and develop a unique style of animation

• Make films of different genres (like romance, tragedy, musical, pirates, etc.)

1. Well, I am no closer to the "feature-length" film. I started a script, but it was way too wordy and just a bunch of dialogue, so I scrapped it. I am going to continue to work on a similar script though, I really like the story I wrote, I just don't like the script so far.

2. I have been working on my animation. I have been participating in the Animation Challenge, and I think it is helping me a lot. As for unique style, I have posted on Flickr a few brickflming background tests. These backgrounds, along with my style of storytelling, animation, developing style of sound design, and lighting, are forming my unique style. So far, it's not too unique, but I hope to change that soon.

3. I still want to do the different generes. My upcoming Valentines video is very short an anti-climatic romance (sorry, spoilers mini/tongue ), so I won't consider that a proper romance film. I did make New Recruits for THAC, which was more of a cop film, but I am still looking to explore many more genres this year.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Goals:
Improve my editing
Update and Improve my set up. (Mostly Lighting)
Make a fresh start to the year by taking all my ideas, listing them and develop the more plausible ones

Progress so far:
Well I haven't had a real chance at improving my editing so far, but I've done a lot of updating and improvement to my set-up.  I bought two extra lamps and another one which is mainly for my desk rather than brickfilming, but is still very nice and is quite adjustable as well.
As far as making a fresh start goes, I haven't properly planned my projects but I have made a short list of my main ideas.  (It's so hard to choose which ideas are better than others, and which ones work. mini/dizzy )

Anyway that's all for now.  I'd say I'm pleased with my progress so far, if not entirely thrilled.  mini/smile

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

HarryAndBillyBrick wrote:
  • Make another Assassin's Lego episode (maybe two...).

• Make an untitled medieval/epic film.

• Learn more about photography and After Effects.

• Probably I'll make other short stuff (random)...

Well, I've animated in January more than a half of the Assassin's Lego episode. Now I stopped because I have to keep my studies. I think the animation part of the episode will be finished during the Easter Holidays but it will not completely finished until June.
Also I did some photos that you can see in my Flickr in order to improve my cinematography skills. Maybe I do more of this this month...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

GEF wrote:
  • release one film once a month

• make a movie over 5 minutes long

• actually get my music video started and finished

Will be posting a movie tonight or tomorrow night, so the once a month thing is on it's third month in a row. mini/tongue

Not much progress on the other two, though we are about to start a movie that could hit the five minute mark.

Indy wrote:

My Goals

• Create a brickfilm that isn't for a contest (and that I could say "Yes, I like this")

• Make a cyberpunk/spy brickfilm

• Contribute more to the forums (in a good way)

I have a small project I'm currently working on: Unavailable (as can be seen from my signature). It's about 60% completed.
The cyberpunk/spy film is currently in brainstorm/script/storyboard mode. Work on it will speed up once Unavailable is finally off of my shoulders.
As for the last one... Well, I've been posting here and there along BiM. Nothing much to say for this.

• 1. Finish the script and voice acting for my feature film

• 2. Keep perfecting my animation, lighting, and cinematography techniques.

• 3. Release at least one film a month.

Last edited by Harborlight (February 10, 2015 (09:39am))

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Honestly, the way school is going right now, and based on my plans for the summer, my only concrete goal for this year is to complete Charter.

• To improve my lighting set up

• To make a short comedy brickfilm with a selection of people voice acting in it. For some rather daft reason I've only ever asked one person to voice act in any of my films!

• To complete the brickfilm I'm working on, "The Long way Home" which is basically an adventure into cinematography.