Topic: Delivering Mail

Directory Link

Delivering Mail

YouTube
Brick à Brack

A robot tries to deliver letters.

Last edited by Aiwha (January 17, 2015 (04:01am))

Re: Delivering Mail

That was great! A fun little silent film with a really good attention to detail!

Another great film; nice range of motion on such a small robot model, and I really liked the sets as well. Nice work. mini/smile

I really liked this, interesting watch and good animation! mini/wink

Smooth movements, good job! mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

A very rarely lol at a brick film but I did this time - well done!!  Great robot!

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

This film is great. I love the emotion it creates for the robot. Very well done.

This was really great! You conveyed a lot through a very simple film, and it made it very fun to watch. mini/wink

Wonderful. I like how you made the robot have so much expression. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

The story was very engaging. The comedy was well done and the emotion you were able to infuse the robot with was commendable. So many little details that make this a good film, loved the magnifying glass shot! A few set bumps and light flickers, but that does little to detract from the beauty of the production.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I really loved the amount of expression you got out of the robot design. That coupled with the set design and subdued colour palette really give this film a distinct look and feel. It's always nice to hear an original soundtrack in a brickfilm and especially one of this high quality! It really added to the whole film and helped accentuate each movement and emotion brilliantly. I liked it so much that I must admit

Spoiler (click to read)

I was a little disappointed to hear the stock Incompetech elevator music at the end.

It's always cool to see films that do not focus on minifigs and I think you've created something very special and memorable here. (We can add this to the list of great brickfilms about attempted mail delivery. mini/tongue) Bravo, Aiwha!

Thanks everybody !

RedBrick1 wrote:

A few set bumps and light flickers, but that does little to detract from the beauty of the production.

sillypenta wrote:

I really loved the amount of expression you got out of the robot design. That coupled with the set design and subdued colour palette really give this film a distinct look and feel.

I actually had to rush to upload this in time for the contest I wanted to enter (a French brickfilming contest). I am not happy of a lot of things in this brickfilm because I had not enough time (animation, deflickering, sound editing/sound design, etc.). I am happy of the color palette, but that is the only thing that really pleases me.
The music was really cool too, my friend, who composed it, did a great job, but that too was rushed and I think it could have been even better with more time.

sillypenta wrote:

I liked it so much that I must admit

Spoiler (click to read)

I was a little disappointed to hear the stock Incompetech elevator music at the end.

Spoiler (click to read)

I understand. Initially I planned to have an original music there too, but… well always the same problem, I had no time for that. Although I think that this Incompetech music that we have all already heard adds to the feel I wanted at the end.

Aiwha wrote:

I actually had to rush to upload this in time for the contest I wanted to enter (a French brickfilming contest). I am not happy of a lot of things in this brickfilm because I had not enough time (animation, deflickering, sound editing/sound design, etc.)

Don't worry, Aiwha, even if you had to rush, your brickfilm is really great like that.
We admire the fact that you've been able to do this in one month only (being too perfectionist isn't always a good thing...)
And we really like your brickfilm a lot, you know! mini/smile