Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

mod edit: please don't post in other threads to advertise your films. thank you!

HI, I'm new here, and just bought a Logitech C920. I want to start making stop motion videos with it, my older Logitech webcams had a stop motion setting inside, this one doesn't I guess? Can anyone guide me where and how to set my camera up to do that? Looking forward to joining the discussions. Thanks for your time.

I use the Logitech c920 and I love it.

trendmonger said,
HI, I'm new here, and just bought a Logitech C920. I want to start making stop motion videos with it, my older Logitech webcams had a stop motion setting inside, this one doesn't I guess? Can anyone guide me where and how to set my camera up to do that? Looking forward to joining the discussions. Thanks for your time.

What do you mean? You just take a picture every second. I sugest forgeting the 'stop motion setting' an just take one picture at a time. If your capture software has camera controls, great! But if not you will need to install lws (Logitech webcam software). And trendmonger, you should join the bricks and motion Discord and mine too (link to my Discord server is in my signature) so we can help you better. I hope you figure it out!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

The older logitech webcam I had let me take photos I set by the second. I could set it to take a picture every 5 seconds or whatever amount I needed. That way I could set the camera up alongside things like a morning flower opening, for instance, it would automatically take a shot for an hour or so and it would make a nice quick video of a flower opening. Settings like that are not included on the newer logitech.

2x4 studios wrote:

I use the Logitech c920 and I love it.

trendmonger said,

What do you mean? You just take a picture every second. I sugest forgeting the 'stop motion setting' an just take one picture at a time. If your capture software has camera controls, great! But if not you will need to install lws (Logitech webcam software). And trendmonger, you should join the bricks and motion Discord and mine too (link to my Discord server is in my signature) so we can help you better. I hope you figure it out!

The older logitech webcam I had let me take photos I set by the second. I could set it to take a picture every 5 seconds or whatever amount I needed. That way I could set the camera up alongside things like a morning flower opening, for instance, it would automatically take a shot for an hour or so and it would make a nice quick video of a flower opening. Settings like that are not included on the newer logitech

trendmonger wrote:

The older logitech webcam I had let me take photos I set by the second. I could set it to take a picture every 5 seconds or whatever amount I needed. That way I could set the camera up alongside things like a morning flower opening, for instance, it would automatically take a shot for an hour or so and it would make a nice quick video of a flower opening. Settings like that are not included on the newer logitech

Oh ok. Yeah you will just have to forget the stop motion setting. mini/sad

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

You'd have to use multiple programs, but this can be set up.

Logitech used to provide a capture software that would help with adjusting the focus, zooming, color correcting, etc. I think it's been discontinued, though, so you'd have to ask around on here or the discord to see if anyone has a copy they could share with you.

As for stop-motion, there's several free programs made by some members here. Boats Animator and Heron Animation come to mind.

Also, if I'm not mistaken Windows 10 comes pre-loaded with some rudimentary webcam control settings. And I think time-lapse (taking a picture of a flower ever 5 seconds as an example) was an option there too.

Plus, if you've got a video editing program (like Vegas) I think they come with a live mode that can use your webcam's feed. Maybe that'll work for you.

Long story short - your old webcam probably had some sort of software on it that allowed you to do those things. There are a plethora of programs out there that'll accomplish the same thing for you. mini/smile

Hope that helps.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I can give you a copy of lws if u want.

2x4 studios wrote:

WOW! THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC, Yes please. That would help so much!

trendmonger wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

R u on the BiM Discord? If not, join and also join mine so i can send it to u. (link in my signature)

Cool, I joined yours. Where can I join the BiM discord?

2x4 studios wrote:
trendmonger wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

R u on the BiM Discord? If not, join and also join mine so i can send it to u. (link in my signature)

trendmonger wrote:

Cool, I joined yours. Where can I join the BiM discord?

There's a link to the Bricks in Motion Discord chat on the forum index. Just scroll down and find the "Chat Room" link.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b