Topic: Logitech c920 Webcam

hey, i know the logitech c910 and quickcam 9000 are good for stop motion, but im not sure about logitech c920, has anyone used this and can you tell me if its a good choice?

also- has anyone used a compact system camera? like Sony Nex, Nikon 1 or Olympus PEN?
are they good for stop motion?

please help thanks.

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

I myself haven't used the c920, but I have actually recently been looking into using it as my filming camera, and the specs make it look like it would be very good for it.

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

GluglusStudios wrote:

I myself haven't used the c920, but I have actually recently been looking into using it as my filming camera, and the specs make it look like it would be very good for it.

yeh ive been looking into it too and it looks even better than c910, but 1 guy said something about its manual settings and now im scared haha

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Yeah i hear people saying stuff like it doesnt have manual settings.

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Well, the new Logitech software allows full control over the camera and it makes fairly high quality pictures, or so I've heard.

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

i did see a review on youtube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bbg_gm0giE
he's a brickfilmer too so i would think it suits brickfilmers, but i just wish someone had a test vid rather than just single photos

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

EliteStormForce wrote:

Yeah i hear people saying stuff like it doesnt have manual settings.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400114,00.asp

In addition to the basic settings I mentioned above, Logitech's Webcam Controller software also includes a Properties page with two additional tabs for Advanced Settings and Device Info. The first tab contains various settings that light up when you turn off RightLight, including exposure, gain, brightness, contrast, color intensity, and white balance, plus refresh rate settings for NTSC (60Hz) and PAL (50Hz). The Device Info page just contains version numbers for firmware and drivers. Turning off auto-focus lets you fix the webcam on specific people seated further away, perhaps around a conference table or on a living room couch, though the distant focus maxes out at roughly five feet; you'll want to move the webcam closer in larger rooms.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

RedBrick1 wrote:
EliteStormForce wrote:

Yeah i hear people saying stuff like it doesnt have manual settings.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400114,00.asp

In addition to the basic settings I mentioned above, Logitech's Webcam Controller software also includes a Properties page with two additional tabs for Advanced Settings and Device Info. The first tab contains various settings that light up when you turn off RightLight, including exposure, gain, brightness, contrast, color intensity, and white balance, plus refresh rate settings for NTSC (60Hz) and PAL (50Hz). The Device Info page just contains version numbers for firmware and drivers. Turning off auto-focus lets you fix the webcam on specific people seated further away, perhaps around a conference table or on a living room couch, though the distant focus maxes out at roughly five feet; you'll want to move the webcam closer in larger rooms.

ok thanks for that, i think im gunna get it mini/smile

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Hi I own the c920. It is a great camera with full manual settings if you want to see it in action you can see my slightly iffy Easter 2012 entry that I created using it on my YouTube channel. mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

legomoviemaker1 wrote:

Hi I own the c920. It is a great camera with full manual settings if you want to see it in action you can see my slightly iffy Easter 2012 entry that I created using it on my YouTube channel. mini/smile

thanks a lot i'm gunna get it now and that helped a lot. nice vids btw i enjoyed them mini/smile

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

I wish I got it at best buy when it was only 75 bucks mini/sad

https://i.imgur.com/0N0Fc4I.jpg

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Is it good at close ups?

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

I'm sure it is great with macro shots; I'm only assuming this from my experience with the c910.

I've also used the Sony NEX-5. However, I don't think it is compatible with some stop-motion programs, so I was stuck with my webcam when filming. I think you need to get a USB-video cable adapter that, as far as I know, only Stop Motion Pro sells on their website. Maybe you can find one elsewhere fora  better price.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vo24ow.png

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

bumpo

CyberCom wrote:

Is it good at close ups?

I own a c920, and yes, it takes great close-ups (about half an inch) and has full manual controls, like was already stated.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
Instagram   |   Behind the Scenes
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

I now own the C920 and it is doing great! Even in a cave with only one light. Full manual control over everything except when used on a Mac. mini/sad

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/324025_344299362316329_2064966202_o.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0N0Fc4I.jpg

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

I was wondering whether I should get the C920, and by the looks of things, I certainly think I'm going to get one now mini/smile

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

@ZachFB, If you have the Mac App Store (on your Mac...), search 'Webcam Settings', and a AU$8.89 app, with a multicoloured icon, should show up. It allows control over every feature (manual focus, white balance) on most webcams, but I'm not quite sure if it will offer all manual features on the C920, although it probably will since it works 100% with the C910... I would test it out, but I'm currently deciding between a C910 or a C920. mini/smile

Last edited by Carousel (September 27, 2012 (03:19pm))

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Could someone tell me what webcam I have?  I got it a while ago from my dad, without a box.  It looks just like this
http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/webcam-co … bcams/5867
Except the black mic is silver on mine, and I think the lit logo is white on mine, not red. mini/confused
I might have to take a look at that Webcam Settings.  Thanks for that mini/wink !

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

It's the Logitech Quickcam Vision Pro for Mac. It looks like a pretty good overall webcam, from what I've seen. mini/smile

Re: Logitech c920 Webcam

Ahh, thanks!  There is always lots of talk about what camera people use, and I have had trouble finding what mine was!  Yeah. the quality is pretty good...nothing like some of the stuff on here, but good nonetheless.  Thanks!