Re: The Quick Short Advertising Contest [CLOSED]

@Riley - Got your emails, but there were no links, this is what I got:

Youtube: SD HD
Download:(MediaFire) Medium (6MB) Small (1.05)
Film Thread: BiM

-Riley

Straight text, no links.

= = = =

Loads of entries came in at the last minute! Still have about an hour left to go before the deadline officially closes. Current entries received:

• DarthVincentPrice

• Blobstudios

• EmmaExecute

• Bodville

• 1Shifty89

• davidude34

• FilmGuy & T.G.Tom

• DoubleVstudios

• TimothyR

• davidude34 - second entry

• CheesyBricks

• Riley

• Riley - second entry

These are the people I have received and downloaded entries from. If you have entered a film but your name is not on this list, you need to let me know a.s.a.p. so that we can get your entry in front of the judges.

Riley - since you are having trouble with your internets, I'll see if I can grab your two entries from the forum. Edit: Both your entries have been obtained Riley.

Last edited by Dr Neo Lao (March 22, 2009 (03:18pm))

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

I just sent mine in.

Aaaannndd . . . entries are closed!

Here is the final list of people from whom entries have been received, by order of when I got them:

• DarthVincentPrice

• Blobstudios

• EmmaExecute

• Bodville

• 1Shifty89

• davidude34

• FilmGuy & T.G.Tom

• DoubleVstudios

• TimothyR

• davidude34 - second entry

• CheesyBricks

• Riley

• Riley - second entry

• fallentomato

I'll add this list to the first post. On the off chance that there is anyone else who submitted an entry but it is not on this list then you need to contact me before the judges start seeing the films. This will probably be later today or tomorrow morning.

Currently, the results are pencilled in to be in an awards chat next Sunday night/Monday morning (depending on where on the planet you are) at around this time. More details on the first post.

Yes, good luck, everyone!  mini/smile  May the best man...er... LEGO man win!  mini/mrgreen

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

Good Luck to everyone! mini/bigsmile
I would have entered if I had time. I was too busy with my other projects. mini/rolleyes

Nice Idea for a competition.
There were some awesome entries and just one that was puerile.
I hope filmyguy wins beacuse he had a great entry and obviously has plenty of talent that is only hindered by his cameras quality. If he wins a new camera it should help his films a great deal.
Good luck to (almost) everyone!

Last edited by brick4brains (March 24, 2009 (07:50pm))

acc... it's finished, and I haven't started working on it yet...I really wanted to enter this contest... for some reason I never finish my work on time...:(

Upadte: judging has started!

The first judge has viewed the films and given his scores. Two more judges left to go...

brick4brains wrote:

I hope filmyguy wins beacuse he had a great entry and obviously has plenty of talent that is only hindered by his cameras quality. If he wins a new camera it should help his films a great deal.

(The people whp saw his original comment know he's talking about me)
Wtf is your problem ?
Check your inbox

What did he say?

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Filip wrote:

What did he say?

He said I was gay and with good luck to (almost) everyone he means me and with the puerile entry He obviously means me, you'd know if you saw the original entry

Last edited by Pillow (March 25, 2009 (08:34am))

brick4brains wrote:

AHUM

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

@ DoubleVstudios: Guess what, this is the internet. Some people aren't going to like what you do, no matter what it is. And people are going to say things you don't like. So what, let it go. Learning to deal with people you don't like is part of life.

@ brick4brains: Guess what, this is the internet. People are going to share things that you don't like. So what? If you don't like something, ignore it and watch something else. Okay, we get it, you didn't like that particular film. You've voiced your opinion, now move on.

@ Everyone else: Next Judge should watch the films in another few hours - yay! Looks like we're still being on track.

Question: Do people want to know the breakdown of how all the judges voted or just the results?

It's great to see that the judging's going well, and I think I'd like the breakdown.

I can't wait for the results!

Awesome, I'm so looking forward to the results mini/bigsmile I would prefer a breakdown of how the judges voted.

DoubleVstudios - Sorry. In hindsight my early comment was a bit insensative, probably why it was censored by admin. I didn't mean to say I thought YOU were gay, just that with the volume of d-jokes in your last 3 films that to me seemed gay. I wonder what freud would say about that?
I may have laughed about it as well back when I was 12.
If it's as hillarious as you think then it should do well in the competition, good luck with that!

I hope I win, its my first contest and I am a rookie animatior. Also, I like how Dr Neo Lao made it so amateurs like me might be able to win. Although, mine looks pretty bad compared to some of the other entries, but there is always hope:)

MY first contest too, not getting my hopes up for winning, but i would like to see the breakdown so i can see how i can improve my films, thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

Just one more frame!

Davidude34 wrote:

I hope I win, its my first contest and I am a rookie animatior. Also, I like how Dr Neo Lao made it so amateurs like me might be able to win. Although, mine looks pretty bad compared to some of the other entries, but there is always hope:)

Are you new? I never saw you around here mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

The fact that you've never seen him around here, and he said he is new must mean he is new.

Good luck people.