Topic: [THAC XII] Fried Circuit

Directory Link

[THAC XII] Fried Circuit

Youtube

Made in under 24 hours.

mini/smile

Re: [THAC XII] Fried Circuit

I really loved the emotions you conveyed in this video without even having the robot speak.

Stellar work, as anticipated. You crammed a lot of story and emotion into this one, well done!

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Very nice job, The film was very well designed with nice clean animation and only a few bumps here and there. Sound designing is really hard, and can take days to get the right sound effects lined up to make something sound perfect, what you pulled off with your robotic beeps and boops made that film have a much deeper feeling to help show his emotion. I loved the cinematography in the film along with the overall look of it, (very nice shots in there and well played out so you didn't get lost in the film). Overall amazing job and I can't wait to see what you make next!

To add some helpful suggestions on what I felt was wrong with the film so you can work on improving, The lighting in some shots did not match up 100%, I know THAC is a hell of a rush and I would never expect anyone to match it up fully (though you got really close and I don't know if it was just the camera angle or not so don't worry too much). The bumps and shakes could be worked on cleaning up/removing, and also working on smoothing out some pans and such would be great. Anyways great job and I hope you continue to grow and improve in time.

Last edited by Shutterpoint (January 6, 2015 (09:13am))

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Wow, that was great. It reminded me of Wall-E. The digital camera movements at the beginning were kind of sickening, but that's minor. I like the story and the cinematography. The robot noises were cute and simple, and worked well. I like it. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I thought it was one of the best THAC films.  I feel like it's going to be really close betwixt this and Turning.

I really loved how you showed emotion by moving the robots levers.  It really added a great deal of character to him rarely seem in brickfilms.

One of my favorites, too! The music fits very good in the film. The animation is pretty good and you made a great job transmitting all the emotions. Well done!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

I've always had a soft-spot for cute robots. I think it's because they manage to express so much emotion with limited movement - and just having the minor feature of his antenna 'drooping' gave him enough personality to drown a whale.

An exceptionally polished entry. Are you sure you didn't cheat?

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

Are you sure you didn't cheat?

I hope not! I had help from a couple people on ideas, recording sounds, and building some of the set stuff (walls/buildings) which helped a lot with time management. One of my friends was editing behind the scenes at the same time, which I'll be uploading in a day or two (To prove it! mini/wink )

Shutterpoint wrote:

The lighting in some shots did not match up 100%, I know THAC is a hell of a rush and I would never expect anyone to match it up fully (though you got really close and I don't know if it was just the camera angle or not so don't worry too much). The bumps and shakes could be worked on cleaning up/removing, and also working on smoothing out some pans and such would be great.

I totally agree, there's a lot of little bumps and dodgy pans/movements which I could probably have fixed if I'd thought about it a little more before doing some shots, but unfortunately it is THAC so there's no time to reshoot like I normally would. I could have gone for a more static camera too, but then again I love moving it for effect. I ended up rushing a little to make sure I had ample time for sound by sacrificing some of the time I would've spent lighting, but again, that's THAC. I'll keep a look out next year - thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by ForlornCreature (January 7, 2015 (12:41am))

mini/smile

Having a dedicated editor is certainly a boon. I could definitely use on of those...

I really loved this film. This will easily be in the Top 10, I'm sure of it.

Top 3.

Such beautiful simplicity and yet so filled with tragedy.
A mixed bag of emotions that is wonderfully portrayed.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Beautiful work, I love how you used a brick built creation as your protagonist. That's something I want to see more of in brickfilms, and to achieve that in a THAC film with such success is truly commendable. Definitely a strong contender!

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Well, as I said in chat, great film. You should definitely be proud of making this for THAC. I really love it.

I think the thing I like best is the atmosphere. It really feels like a desolate wasteland. I also really liked all of the camera moves you did. They aren't easy, and you have a lot. Good job.

Crits on a THAC film are mostly pointless, but I guess I'll just say that for me the set and prop bumps were the most distracting part of it all. No matter though, great job.

And as usual, ForlornCreature has created a beautiful entry with a strong narrative, emotion, and uniqueness. I really hope you place highly with this one, I love your work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I agree with everyone else - I am so impressed by the mood you achieved in your film and all the emotion you got that little robot to express.  It was very moving to watch, and I loved it!

Brick7 wrote:

I agree with everyone else - I am so impressed by the mood you achieved in your film and all the emotion you got that little robot to express.  It was very moving to watch, and I loved it!

Thanks everyone! It's great to know I've accomplished what I set out to do - something a bit more serious and impactful than my entries in the previous couple years.

Behind the Scenes is done and should come out tomorrow, check back soon for an 18-minute THACumentary mini/wink

mini/smile

I loved it Thomas. I am so very proud with how far you've come. Well done.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Wow!! Amazing as all your films are, Forlorn. That first shot tho, mini/eek  that was probably one of the most tense scenes/shots I've ever seen put in a brickfilm. The atmosphere there on out was very distinct and was very cool. Pretty sure you'll be in the top ten. Great work here.