Topic: [THAC XII] The American Dream

Directory Link

The American Dream

LEGO The American Dream

After two years of no animation I think I learned a lot from the production of this. I'm certain I can do better but I am proud that I managed to write this and animate this in 24 hours after such an extensive hiatus. Hopefully I can take what I learned from this to create a better product in the future, and that's what THAC is all about isn't it? Stay classy.

Last edited by LiamG (January 4, 2015 (11:47pm))

Re: [THAC XII] The American Dream

Really enjoyed it man, great job on this!

I really enjoyed the different sets and use of minifigs. Great work!

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

I didn't understand the story. I wasn't sure what was going on. It was a bit confusing. I didn't like all the violence in it, but it's personal preference, I suppose. The animation was good. The lighting in the dark office was nice, I like how the background was black and the desk was lit.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

I didn't understand the story. I wasn't sure what was going on. It was a bit confusing. I didn't like all the violence in it, but it's personal preference, I suppose. The animation was good. The lighting in the dark office was nice, I like how the background was black and the desk was lit.

Yeah I think the most difficult thing would be explaining what was going on in the story, which was difficult in the 24 hours. I had less than two hours left when I met the animation required to fill up what was being narrated, so a lot of the things did not fit. I felt that the violence was necessary for what I was trying to convey, and I think that violence in Brickfilms is fine personally as long as it isn't over the top. I can only recall one Brickfilm where I felt that this was the case, which involved a harsh interrogation scene in a bathroom and I believe something with a chainsaw as well (anyone recall this, am interested to know what film it was). Do either of you believe I should do anything else differently in the future, am always looking to improve! mini/bigsmile

This is a really interesting entry.  I feel like the story is the strongest part--I like the concept, and it's not something you see done often in a brickfilm.  The animation was good as well.  However, the sets and lighting were a bit bland and could perhaps have used a bit of improvement.  I'm not so sure about the blood effect; to me, it doesn't work very well as it looks obviously digital look and just disappears after shooting out of the body without landing anywhere.

Spoiler (click to read)

I love how you kept the music going all the way through the entire film until the very end, when it's interrupted by a gunshot.

That was executed (heh heh) perfectly.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

This is a really interesting entry.  I feel like the story is the strongest part--I like the concept, and it's not something you see done often in a brickfilm.  The animation was good as well.  However, the sets and lighting were a bit bland and could perhaps have used a bit of improvement.  I'm not so sure about the blood effect; to me, it doesn't work very well as it looks obviously digital look and just disappears after shooting out of the body without landing anywhere.

Spoiler (click to read)

I love how you kept the music going all the way through the entire film until the very end, when it's interrupted by a gunshot.

That was executed (heh heh) perfectly.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not a fan of using Action Essentials and stuff like that in my LEGO films, I never have when I have watched films in the past. If I had more time I would have plan gone and individually photoshopped every shot for a better and more personal effect. Lighting has always been an enormous struggle for me and is really the reason for my frustration in the past and why I took such large breaks in brickfilming. The sets I agree were very weak in portions because I had to make so many for each shot. Some being as bland as two figures in front of a black wall with a random blue brick in it. mini/tongue Either way, do you have any recommendations for better lighting? If someone could help me achieve perfect lighting I would be seriously eternally grateful.

Feels like a trailer for a longer film, even if the story is a little hard to follow. Nice job, anyways, and congrats on making it all the way through your first THAC!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?