Topic: [THAC XII] "AX 3: The Surviver"

Directory Link

"AX 3: The Surviver"

Youtube
THACumentary

Made in under twenty-four hours for THAC XII.

The only man to survive an attack from the ax-welding maniac now struggles to even walk.

An interesting little thing, there was so much more I wanted to do and establish in this, but time and tide wait for no man.
See above for the Behind-the-Scenes THACumentary.

Re: [THAC XII] "AX 3: The Surviver"

Yet another part in the thrilling "AX" series. What's strange is that you picked me as a voice actor instead of someone more talented. mini/tongue

I really liked this one (not because I was in it either mini/lol), as I have liked all of your "AX" films. They have depth to them, and a more complicated storyline that most brickfilms do. Like I commented on YouTube, the animation is great, I love the falling animation. I also want to compliment Jay Silver on his terrific voice acting. It sounds so natural. I'm afraid mine sounded a bit too calm at times for a guy who's in the hospital in pain.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

A delightful addition to the Ax series. I'm not really sure what to comment on here - as usual the animation was smooth, the lighting was pleasing, and the story was great.

rioforce, I thought you did a wonderful job voicing the patient, it was a perfect fit. That goes for Jay Silver as the doctor (heh), too, this entry has some of the best fits for actors of the THAC films. mini/wink

You're completely right, I didn't understand the ending, so I'm patiently awaiting next year for the next chapter.

I'm not sure why, but this was probably my favorite one of your Ax films. It's really well told (although I'm not sure I understood the middle section with the spinning), with good animation, and the concept of the film was really interesting. Part of the reason I think I liked this was because of the fact that it felt like it took place in a larger world without overdoing it.

Spoiler (click to read)

and the ending didn't really feel like a sequel hook even though it was one.

The set design of the lobby is really nice.  It's got that cool tile thing on the wall, and I was already super impressed by that, BUT THEN I SAW THAT DESK.
It's good, man, really good.

Very nice sets and animation, the lighting was also on point. Still, I feel like this could have fit much better as its own film rather than being somewhat arbitrarily tied to Ax. This latest iteration feels like a complete tonal shift from the dark comedy of the other installments to what is now a serious thriller and the ax comes from aliens.

It just feels a bit odd, especially considering this didn't really have much to do with the Ax at all and could have easily been a separate story, but oh well. Still, on a technical level it is very very good.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

@rioforce, As I said on Youtube, I love expanding the cast. It helps the universe feel more populated and big.
You did a great job voice acting, and I'd be more than happy to use you again. And thanks for the compliments!

@Mighty, Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Willco66, He was trying to walk, but was too weak. His head began spinning and he fainted. And I'm glad you feel that way, because I felt like the outside elements were shoehorned in. Thanks for the reassurance.

@Squid, Thanks! And coming form one of the greatest builders I know, that's quite a complement.

@Jstudios, I agree.
Really, I do. While I enjoy universe building and didn't want to let a THAC get by without adding one to the series, this particular story had no need of being linked. It felt a bit forced, but it's there, and may feel more natural once the questions posed by the stinger get answered.

And yes, of the three, only Rooftops began a drama. Captain Obvious began a silly comedy, and Ax a dark comedy. (Although I'd say Ax left the dark comedy after the first one.) Writing good drama is a lot easier, so I've felt myself sliding into that with all three series. I won't say it's a bad thing, and it allows crossovers, but you're right it hasn't maintained the original tone.
Perhaps next time...

Why wouldn't he go to a real hospital?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I love your Ax series, and this entry does not disappoint. Animation was great as always, and the acting was on point. Love it.

The sets are beautiful, and the animation is smooth as usual. Awesome job, Pritch!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?