Topic: Spring

Directory Link

Spring

YouTube

Spring! that wonderful time of year to look forward to.

Here is something to help take your mind off those long and cold days to come.

Made this today as kinda my THAC wana-be since I won't be here for the actual THAC.

Animation: Gideon Feldick (GEF)
Editing: Abraham Feldick (AnW)

Re: Spring

Nice job!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Poor guy!

While the release date is ironic, having just followed all of the Christmas films, this film gives us a sense of anticipation for that wonderful and warm time to come, and reminds us that snow and cold won't last forever. And honestly there's never a bad time to release a good short.

The sets do a great job of showing the colors and warmth of spring, as well as setting a great mood and even conveying the contrast of emotions. Animation quality in general may be seen in two ways, the smoothness, and the ability to show emotion and character without a single word, and the animation in this film does both perfectly. The use of moving short legs gives the animation a hilariously energetic and cartoon-y feel, and the boy's carefree and happy attitude shines through even without a sound. The ending twist comes quickly, but no more time is needed to thoroughly turn the tone of the short around.

This film is the perfect example of a less than thirty second short.

P.S. You may wanna watch switching between pupil/no-pupil faces next time, but that's the only real "flaw" in this whole thing. The not quite black, but probably meant to be black, screens are probably Youtube's fault. The uploader tends to over compress and lower the contrast quite often.

Ha, this is a wonderful <30-second brickfilm. The movement on the figure was so expressive and I loved his leant-back running and the little movements of his hair. The face changes were executed perfectly and I'm going to disagree with Pritchard here and say that switching to eyes with pupils made him look more manic and excited where it was appropriate. I also thought the movement of the flowers was a nice little touch. Keep up the good work!

Very nice. I agree with everything everyone else said. It's a wonderful video. I loved the expressive movements of the character. It's unfortunately not every day that you see an animation that is so, well, animated. mini/smile

EDIT: I just watched it again (this is like the sixth time now), and noticed the awesome simple trees you made. I love the simplicity of the trees and how effective they are and the color in them. Nice work there too!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks everyone for the great comments! Glad you all liked it and that the feel I was going for came across in this short.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

This film is the perfect example of a less than thirty second short.

Best compliment I have ever received on a film and I am quite flattered, thank you very much. mini/bigsmile

sillypenta wrote:

The movement on the figure was so expressive and I loved his leant-back running and the little movements of his hair.

This is the first time I have tried this style of animation, so I am glad to know it did the trick.

rioforce wrote:

I just watched it again (this is like the sixth time now), and noticed the awesome simple trees you made. I love the simplicity of the trees and how effective they are and the color in them. Nice work there too!

Glad you liked it enough to watch it so much. mini/smile I started using this style of trees a lot in my non-serious films (even some serious films) mostly because of my lack of brown for tree trunks and lack of green leaves. This style of tree is supper simple and very effective. Its a great style for those with few LEGO bricks.

I agree with everyone else here, this is a really great little short. It has a lot of character, and brings out the moods of the two different scenes very well. The way he exits the scene is really great, too, it had me smiling.

That animation is delightful!  I really liked it.