Topic: The Christmas Bike (Lego Doctor Who)

Directory Link

The Christmas Bike (Lego Doctor Who)

Youtube

Yeah, this is the second time I've made a Doctor Who short and referenced a tiny little line in the show for continuity's' sake.
I'm a nerd.

Anyway, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Re: The Christmas Bike (Lego Doctor Who)

I liked it, but what was with the ending? I didn't understand the storyline very well. Let me see if I was close:

Spoiler (click to read)

The Doctor came in like santa and gave a bike to a little girl, then there were weeping angels and he transformed to the next doctor

Am I right?

Either way, great animation and I loved the lighting. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

There wasn't too much of a story....

Spoiler (click to read)

The 9th Doctor was delivering the bike to a young Rose Tyler, as referenced in one of his episodes.
A Weeping Angel happened to be there, and while 9 didn't see it, the 11th Doctor came and confronted it saving those inside.

I was trying to do two things.
One, and most important, match the feel in the music.
Two, account for the fading light in one certain shot. It was due to a malfunctioning flashlight, but looked really cool so I wanted to keep it.

It's confusing, and not meant to be much anyway.
But thank you for the compliments!

Okay, now that you've explained it, I see what was going on, but I had no idea while I was watching it. I've noticed in more than one of your films that sometimes you make night scenes too dark. Intense lighting is fine, but this was so dark I couldn't really see what was going on, which only added to the confusion. I think brightening things up a little bit would be a good thing, and with maybe a little less contrast. The sets and animation were nice though.

First and foremost, Merry Christmas!

While I agree with backyardlegos about the lighting and rioforce about the ending, I really enjoyed this short. You definitely matched the feel of the music and the fading light looked great. Your animation technique is always super, and this video further proves it. Keep up the good work, Pritchard!