Topic: BiM Celebration: The Journey

Directory Link

The Journey

The Journey (YouTube)

A Celebration contest entry!

A motley band of pirates go on an adventure.

Last edited by jay (September 6, 2014 (06:01am))

Re: BiM Celebration: The Journey

Woah this is a really impressive film. It feels big and grand which is really impressive to do in 30 seconds. I love the use of miniature. Everything flowed rather nicely. My only complaint would be I am not a fan of throwing the moral of a film on text at the end but hey you only have 30 seconds.

The film really had a lot of action and a big plot for such a short time period. The animation was amazing.

Some Lego, Some Lego, my kingdom for some Lego.

Everything was superb. If I had a vote, I'd vote for this.

Wow that was so amazing. Im so impressed. Just a question but how did you make the sea so amazing and real I'm assuming its CGI right or is it in camera. Awww that lighting and camera angles just so amazing.

Last edited by osomstudios (September 6, 2014 (07:24am))

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Definitely the winner. Great job.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Brickelodeon wrote:

Definitely the winner. Great job.

Yeah, I can see that happening. Awesome job, Jay. You're never short of impressing audiences with a marvelous film. You put a lot of hard work into this, and it shows; it really pays off. It's a visually impressive film, and I think it's more of a celebration of the re-release of the LEGO Pirates line.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks!

The water is actually semi-transparent layers of stop-mo animated wrapping paper. For the storm scenes I had to mask it into round shapes and animate those in After Effects. Turned out even better than I'd hoped, to be honest!

Great entry.  Loved the ship in the storm scene and the spear throwing.  Awesome!!!!!! mini/smile It's going to be difficult for someone to top this one.

Easily my favourite entry so far!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Love It! - As AuquaMorph pointed out, the grandness of it all is so impressive for such a short film.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

This is amazing! How did you fit so much into 30 seconds? Great job.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Mindblowingly awesome.
So much action, adventure and fun crammed into one package.

(I would love to see more! There has to be an extended version of this.)

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

This is impossible to critique. Really I cant think of anything to say, I just wanted to note how amazing this is.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

I'm with PushOver, not much to add other than to say 'Amazing Job!'

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Though I really like this one (it has pretty great pacing, with a The LEGO Movie-esque timing) I have to say that the effects did damper this film for me. I'm not saying I'm against any sort of non-LEGO effects in brickfilms, on the contrary, anything but, however, this film does seem to overuse them a bit. I'd prefer to see a bit more of the sets and characters at a closer range than to have more "far away shots" boasting a pretty great little idea. Perhaps it's just a creative difference? - but, I just like the look of more "in camera, less effects heavy" brickfilms - especially in contests like this, where 90% of the videos use little to no such elements.

Still, this is one of my favorite brickfilms to come from this contest. I really like it, enough that it substantially boost my enthusiasm for the upcoming DVD - this one will be on it. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Most likely my favorite entry. I really love the scenery, animation, and voice acting, but the ending slogan is a brilliant interpretation of the theme.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Congrats on winning 1st place in the contest, Jay! I knew as soon as I first saw your entry that it would win. One of the best brick films I've seen! mini/yes

Last edited by Brickcrazy (September 20, 2014 (03:27pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter