Topic: Lord of The Thing - PART 2

Directory Link

Lord of The Thing - PART 2

YouTube

The adventure continues!

VIEW PART 1 HERE.

As before, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Max Butcher (September 5, 2014 (02:44pm))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: Lord of The Thing - PART 2

Nice! The animation is a bit choppy sometimes but the story is just great! Very funny and well written.

"Wouldn't it be terrible if we hadn't seen it". Lol, darn you.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Great dialogue.  Did you write that yourself?

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

A lot of fun, better then the first

togfox wrote:

Great dialogue.  Did you write that yourself?

No. My dear friend Bax Mutcher wrote it. He's exactly like me only attractive, charismatic, witty, sucessful, and talented. He also runs fight clubs in the evening and makes soap.

YouTube
Max, She/They

That turned out well! Nice work. Elliot will be thrilled to hear his voice in it and see his name in the credits.

SlothPaladin wrote:

A lot of fun, better then the first

I'm actually really tempted to do a 'directors cut' of the first episode that trims things down a bit. I could also re-record some of the dialogue, although that would be much more difficult. The downside of the 'improve-as-I-go-along' format is that the stuff at the start is going to be inferior.

I wanted the first episode to be a fast-paced swashbuckle, but I had no choice but to slow the plot down so I could establish stuff - like John being so reluctant to go on the quest that he has to be kidnapped, Wormface being obviously evil, the King being utterly incompetent, and Whitebeard being a crackpot who doesn't really have a plan. I tried to introduce these traits whilst still being funny, but there was probably a better way of doing this. But that's all out of the way now. From here on it's just going to be a parade of glorious madness.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Awesome job. I laughed out loud during

Spoiler (click to read)

the anvil scene.

Once again, you've got a great script going for you here, and a fun story that keeps me interested. And I'm glad you took our advice with the voices; it helped you out a lot with Part Two.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Max Butcher wrote:

I'm actually really tempted to do a 'directors cut' of the first episode that trims things down a bit. I could also re-record some of the dialogue, although that would be much more difficult. The downside of the 'improve-as-I-go-along' format is that the stuff at the start is going to be inferior.

I missed this post, but would love to see a cut were you put the cut back into the directors cut. Maybe when all of them are completed a version of all of them edited together?