Topic: Secrets in the Shadows

Directory Link

Secrets in the Shadows

Youtube
Remastered Edition!

4/4/2020 UPDATE: The Remastered Edition is now available!

A darkened freighter is slowly drifting through space, but the once busy crew is now little more than a pile of silent corpses. What enemy caused this slaughter, and can the Doctor save the survivors before he too is devoured?

This all came from the desire to have fun with fancy lighting, as you will no doubt notice.

Re: Secrets in the Shadows

Nice! I've never watched Doctor Who but that looked pretty cool. Keep up the good work! mini/smile

Moved an have no room to animate, but I do have a Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84070766@N07/ My friends and I have been composing a Comic Series: http://cosmosquestcomic.com

So glad to have been a part of this! Your camera movement, in particular, is excellent!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Great work! I especially liked the camera angles when he was

Spoiler (click to read)

putting the bombs around the ship

. It had to story like a real Doctor Who episode, too.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

That was amazing mini/bigsmile . The animation and sets were good, the lighting was great, and a really enjoyed the plot despite not being a Doctor Who fan (other than it's theme music).

That was really good. I especially liked the music. I've never seen a Dr. Who episode, but this makes me want to watch one. My only nitpick is that the plot twist at the end seemed kind of unnecessary, and it just made the ending depressing.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Technically I think it's your best film yet. The animation was more smooth and natural than anything you've put out before, the lighting was used very well to set the mood and atmosphere of the film,

Spoiler (click to read)

especially a film in which the antagonist is a shadow

and the sets were on the same level as your other recent work, that is, very good. The exterior shots of the ship were also some of the best I've seen in LEGO. I'm not a Doctor Who fan, and have no idea how this relates to the canon, but I was engaged and entertained the whole way through. Very nice piece of work. mini/smile

Wow, thanks for all the great comments!
I'm glad ya'll are enjoying it, even if Doctor Who may not be your thing.
There's nothing wrong with not seeing the show, and I thank ya'll for watching this despite that opinion.

brickelodeon wrote:

My only nitpick is that the plot twist at the end seemed kind of unnecessary, and it just made the ending depressing.

Hmm, the point was to make it depressing, but I agree that it sorta came out of the blue. The story, as well as the Ninth Doctor's character arc, really seemed to point towards having a downer ending. And if it helps...

Spoiler (click to read)

Everybody else lived, and there were only four or five casualties total. (Including those in the prequel.)

Backyardlegos wrote:

...the lighting was used very well to set the mood and atmosphere of the film...The exterior shots of the ship were also some of the best I've seen in LEGO.

Thanks! Some of the lighting set-ups were really complex, trying to balance out light with shadow, but all that effort really seemed to shine out in the end. The model shots didn't turn out as well as I liked, but at least these are better than the initial tests.

@All others,
I tried to make it feel like an authentic minisode, and invested the time and effort to mimic that as closely as I could.
It's great to see the positive response, and let's all hope that quality can continue in my next few productions.

I actually liked your Dr.Who better then the season premiere. I have always liked the Ninth Doctor. Still one of my favorite doctors. Great job.

I really enjoyed this, seemed very much like Eccleston, good work

That was really cool, Pritchard. It felt kind of off how you introduced the Vashta Nerada, though, and I couldn't quite tell if the Doctor knew about them or not from the dialogue. I kind of liked the twist at the end, it made it feel a lot like the Eccleston episodes (not sure why).

Everything else was great, though. I already said this, but I'll say it again - Pete Walsh is amazing at voice acting Eccleston. He really sold this video. The sets were really cool, too, I love the grey scheme with the purple trim. And, of course, the lighting was really great, it gave it a very Who-y feel, so good job with that.

Great job overall with this, it was really enjoyable to watch. mini/wink

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Pete Walsh is amazing at voice acting Eccleston.

Yep, he did an amazing job. He was very critical to everything, and I was even thinking about not doing it if he turned down the role. Jampot does great at playing opposite him, but it's true that this leans heavily on Pete Walsh's voice.

It felt kind of off how you introduced the Vashta Nerada, though, and I couldn't quite tell if the Doctor knew about them or not from the dialogue.

I wrote it with the Doctor not knowing, then (Off-screen, in my head-canon) learning about them before encountering them later in the real show. It's fine when the Doctor does know about the villains, but much more terrifying and thrilling when he doesn't. So I went down that route.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

I have always liked the Ninth Doctor. Still one of my favorite doctors.

Yeah, he always seems to be neglected in comparison with the other New Who Doctors, and I wish he had stayed for another series. Not my favorite, but a good one nevertheless. His era has a unique feel to it, and capturing that feel was one of my highest priorities with this script. Also, haven't seen Deep Breath yet, and I'm not sure how good it is, but that's still a very high complement. Thanks!

P.S. #Keepmespoilerfree. mini/wink

While I did enjoy the whole thing, what really caught my attention was the lighting. I really gave the film a cinematic atmosphere, and made it even more enjoyable to watch.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

[h]BUMP[h]

The remastered edition is now available!

A few months ago, I took a look back at this film and felt there was some room for improvement. I also wanted to have the soundtrack redone, among other things, so here's the result!

Sounds, some effects, and the music are all enhanced or replaced. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the improvements.

What do ya'll think?

Loved the original. Love the new one even more! mini/bigsmile

Hands down one of the best Doctor Who brickfilms ever made. Great all-around action sci-fi short too!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I'd never seen this before!

Thoroughly enjoyed it mini/bigsmile

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Didn't think it possible. But it is even better then the first time I watched it. This film still is the best adaption of my favorite doctor. Great job.