Topic: The Lake-Town Chase

Directory Link

The Lake-Town Chase

YouTube

After working on this video a few months this is the final result: a crazy chase starring Thorin and his company in the Lake-Town. Enjoy it!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

Re: The Lake-Town Chase

Fantastic!

Very nice work, the animation, cinematography and storyline were very well done. The sound design might need a little work, however, and the music was too quiet to fit the scene. Otherwise, it is a very well done film, and it was very enjoyable.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

I'm not really one for fan alteration of a story, but you did a good job making this. For the most part, the animation was really fantastic, especially the sword fighting, which is very hard to do in LEGO, and some of the other general action shots, like the one where either Bard or Thorin (can't remember) runs across some spread out elevated planks. My only problem with the animation is that in transition from one action sequence to another some of the characters were walking pretty slowly, when they should have been running. It made for some awkward lulls in the pace. This got a little better in the later parts of the film, though. The fight scenes are also well choreographed. A lot of action brickfilms are hard to follow because the scene doesn't progress in a logical manner, or is just hard to follow; but I had no trouble following at all. Overall its pretty darn impressive, you did a good job. mini/smile

Muy bien, hombre. You put a nice contribution into the Frodo in The Hobbit issue. And there were some very impressive fight scenes. But, I suggest you work on the aforementioned problems, because those little things could use some tweaking. Other than that, you did very well.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Yep, great animation and set design. (Loved the scale models of Laketown)
You also did a great job of keeping things moving, and not letting it get dull or drag on too long. There were some nice stunts and actions that all felt really well executed and planned. My main complaint is that the music was way too quiet, and didn't give the video a nice action-y feel.

Also found it amusing that you used the spanish "Bolson" instead of "Baggins," yet all the other names in the subtitles were the english versions.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Also found it amusing that you used the spanish "Bolson" instead of "Baggins," yet all the other names in the subtitles were the english versions.

mini/lol I hadn't realized it! Yes, many names of characters and places from Tolkien's books have their own translation in Spanish.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

The animation and the cinematography were fantastic! The voice acting was great and I loved the microscale animation. The fight scenes were stunning! I do have some complaints though, there was some light flicker, but not very noticable, and in some parts the clay was way to visable, but otherwise great job!

Wow, that was impressive.  I agree with what other people have said in that the editing and sound design could be better to really take this to the next level, but as it stands I think it's awesome.  Your cinematography has a cinematic feel that you hardly ever see in brickfilms.  Keep doing what you're doing,  I like your style man mini/smile