Topic: Head

Directory Link

Head

YouTube

Just another day in the garden.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Re: Head

I like the way the head pops out of the ground and is there, also I like the sound that the head makes as it pops up.

I feel like you should have put some more sound into it, though.  The head just sits there in a moment of silence for a bit too long.  We need something more to hear in this time, perhaps the sound of a birds a-chirping, a slight rustle of leaves, and maybe a light sound of a car or two driving along somewhere reasonably off.  Nothing loud, just a tiny bit of sound so that our sense of hearing isn't left entirely with nothing to hear save for whatever radnom noises we hear around us at out computers.

I liked the looks of the set, but to make it a wee bit more interesting, it would have been cool to put a few trees behind the wall just to make the scene feel a little bit less like the entire world just stops at that wall.

I like the design of the garden hose and the animation of the head popping up. It certainly isn't the most original idea; I know I've definitely seen this somewhere else, and the punchline was predictable. But, it can be a fun little short.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

this was really good, but i think it could have improved if it were a giant man coming out of the hole, he's 7 feet at least taller than the gardener, and he takes off the mouth of the gardener and whispers into it "it is the time" and he blasts a laser beam into the mouth of the gardener like godzilla in the new godzilla movie with brian cranston and obliterates the mouth and he becomes a being of light, that envelops the surrounding yard and disappears

i liked it i thought it was cute and i liked the animation of the head comin out of the ground, it was cute. i didnt like the sound effect for when he bounces off. that sound effect is for bunnies hopping

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Another Oscar worthy production right there! Loved the water animation, and the head popping out of the ground was well done. Good comedic timing as well, I am loving all of the shorts u have been releasing recently.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys. Even if some of them are bit... Um, extreme? mini/wink

Sorry to be a jerk here, but honestly this looks like 90% of brickfilms out there. Don't get me wrong, the animation and sets were incredible, but nothing really stood out to me. You can punch me if you want.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

brickelodeon wrote:

Sorry to be a jerk here, but honestly this looks like 90% of brickfilms out there. Don't get me wrong, the animation and sets were incredible, but nothing really stood out to me. You can punch me if you want.

Ok, we shall punch you.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I have to say, I kind of agree with brickelodeon, technically you've got great stuff going, the animation is wonderful, especially the head popping out of the ground, and that's a real nice looking wall, but it does feel like just another silly short; although you did do a good job matching the minifig face with the timing of... whatever that was. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your work or anything, but you're very skilled and I'd love to see something with more depth from you, push yourself a little bit. (and the hypocritical status of this post is not lost on me, I realize have the same problem right now. mini/blankexpression ) Anyway, it is nicely done. mini/smile

I like to switch from making simple animations to more sophisticated ones and vice versa, but I'll decide when and how I want to do it. This specific one was just made so I could reuse the park set from WINK.

If you all don't like them I won't hold it against you, but don't think I won't stop making them just for that reason. I enjoy making really short animations. It gives me a casual project to work on. mini/smile

Fair call I say.  I reckon there are always three audiences:

- your audience
- your actors/actresses
- yourself

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Walter Benson wrote:

If you all don't like them I won't hold it against you, but don't think I won't stop making them just for that reason. I enjoy making really short animations. It gives me a casual project to work on. mini/smile

If you enjoy making them, make them.

Mr. Bad Frame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0NNSYCET0

4:51 mini/cat

Walter Benson wrote:

I like to switch from making simple animations to more sophisticated ones and vice versa, but I'll decide when and how I want to do it. This specific one was just made so I could reuse the park set from WINK.

I think if you like making these short films, you should definitely keep at them. My main complaint is that I feel they should have more thought put into them so they are a more coherent product.

With Wink, you actually set up an abbreviated story with a pretty clever ending, and I really enjoyed it.

But with Head, you have a person who is gardening, and then a head pops up from the ground, and then the man falls over.

It just feels like you could be doing so much more with these short animations, so putting out films with confusing non-jokes seems a bit limiting.

But hey, do whatever you feel is right. You're a very talented filmmaker, so I know you'll do whatever is best!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Loïc F-B wrote:

If you enjoy making them, make them.

Mr. Bad Frame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0NNSYCET0

4:51 mini/cat

Hehe, I've actually never seen this one from you! I'll have to watch it all the way through. mini/smile

Sonjira wrote:

I think if you like making these short films, you should definitely keep at them. My main complaint is that I feel they should have more thought put into them so they are a more coherent product.

With Wink, you actually set up an abbreviated story with a pretty clever ending, and I really enjoyed it.

But with Head, you have a person who is gardening, and then a head pops up from the ground, and then the man falls over.

It just feels like you could be doing so much more with these short animations, so putting out films with confusing non-jokes seems a bit limiting.

But hey, do whatever you feel is right. You're a very talented filmmaker, so I know you'll do whatever is best!

Thanks, I appreciate that. I definitely understand everyone's suggestions and criticisms, I just felt I should clarify that I'll probably keep making short brickfilms, hopefully even while I'm working on longer ones.

I have three more brickfilms sitting on my harddrive right now. One I just finished animating this week, and two I finished a couple weeks back. I don't think any really push any barriers for me, but I enjoyed making them. They were good practice.

I felt I really haven't found my style yet with any of my brickfilms. Everything I've done up to this point seems to be an experiment for me. I want to go for a longer brickfilm when I feel I'm more sure what kind of story I want to tell.

I'm not sure what my next animation is going to be now, but I'm exploring a bunch of different options. Hopefully it will be something good, though.