Re: Ice Planet Film!

Has anyone else noticed how often the word "cool" is used to describe Ice Planet? Maybe it's just me...

Looks very nice!  I'm definitely looking forward to it.  Are you going to use official Ice Planet sets, or make custom props/backgrounds?  I'd love to see vehicle/base designs that pay homage to the classic theme, yet also look modernized--kinda like the "Neo-Classic Space" MOCs. 

As for the grid sky, it's a really cool (pardon the pun mini/tongue ) idea, but I think it would work best for window-type things rather than the sky itself.  I'm thinking the explorers' base could be a giant transparent dome, or at least have one or several, or large windows, which have that sort of grid pattern.  Inside the base, the explorers would have a huge vista over the icy landscape.

In terms of ice, I think brick-built is the best way to go, since I think that it fits in the best as non-LEGO stuff usually looks really out-of-place and incongruous in brickfilms.  That being said, though, I really loved the sand effect in Egyptian Holiday, so I think you might be able to pull it off.

I also agree with Squid, the planet should be dark and mysterious.  I think it would look great if it had really dark starry skies, but be lit by diffused ambient light that seems to emanate from the ground (preferably bluish in colour).  Also, having tinted lighting in general would give the film a great futuristic/scifi feel.

Well, that's all for now.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Great ideas!

It will be using only official Ice Planet sets, except the "base" will be some sort of ice cave translucent orange awesomeness.

I didn't think about using something other than LEGO for snow, but it's potentially a great idea.

Oh boy! I am looking forward to this! mini/bigsmile I have not seen those LEGO sets in ages!

This looks like it could be awesome. I will be watching your progress with much interest. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

How's this project coming along?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Man oh man, Ice Planet 2002 is one of my favorite classic themes. I'm highly excited to see your take on it.