Topic: Star wars: escape pod scene

Directory Link

Star wars opening scene in lego-ish

Youtube

hey guys, heres my film, kinda alot sick of working on it, please dont be to rough on it, my computer died half way through and just been a major hassle, I know its not perfect, not overly close to, not even near, just ignore the animation (stop motion that is) and look at the CGI.

Last edited by Cooked Cat (January 5, 2014 (08:24am))

Re: Star wars: escape pod scene

OK, so the CGI was pretty decent, and the Hitchhiker's reference was nice, but the rest...

First, this is not the opening scene, so the title above should be fixed. And the position of the "ish" seems to refer to Lego, which is still sorta true seeing as this is 75% CGI. And what's the point of commenting 34 times on your own video? People can see who commented, and seeing the same person over and over doesn't look good at all. Not sure what you're trying to gain by doing that.

The point of R2 is that the surrounding character's phrases give a sense of what he said. The subtitles threw me off, and weren't necessary. The interior set changes with almost every shot. There's no continuity in those few "real" shots. The animation is decent, but doesn't match with the voices, and the set bumping isn't consistent. (This is one time where it's fine, but it would bounce around, and then not, and then a bit.)

To conclude, it's mis-marketed, and while the CGI is good, there's little else to appeal to viewers.

First, its not that I'm commenting, its me sharing it around to 34 G+ pages, its annoying how it shows up, I agree.
With the interior, yeah, that's actually mostly the editing, as I was going to have the bumpy part as they where headed into the atmosphere. 

I don't see what you mean with regard to the continuity. Can you explain. (I do know what it is BTW.)
And I'm sorry you feel that way.

I enjoyed it but found the music distracting from the film.

ok, thanks end films, yeah, I should have taken time to compose something new.

Cooked Cat wrote:

ok, thanks end films, yeah, I should have taken time to compose something new.

Or, use music that fit the story...like, music from the movie... mini/confused

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Way to bump the long dead thread.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

yeah....

yeah, I know, I got seriously lazy, and just wanted to be rid of it....

Oop, sorry. I didn't see the post date.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I dont mind mate... mini/tongue

I love any Star Wars spoof.
Nice job.