Topic: Beware the Jabberwocky

Directory Link

Beware the Jabberwocky

youtube

Based on the poem "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. In black and white.

A special thanks to Cooked Cat for the amazing music he made for this short, and Kristóf Fekete-Kovács for agreeing to voice. Without them, this might have not have been made. This is my final video before the summer, as I'd like to focus on school.

Last edited by funmiproductions (May 7, 2014 (05:02pm))

Re: Beware the Jabberwocky

The music was amazing and the voice acting was good. There was tons of light flicker though, and it went out of focus from time to time. Still though, pretty good. mini/smile

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

The music was amazing and the voice acting was good. There was tons of light flicker though, and it went out of focus from time to time. Still though, pretty good. mini/smile

Thank you.

My film is in a contest. Vote for it here:
https://www.projected.com/contests/40-b … jabberwock

Wow! This is probably your best film yet! You've greatly improved with it. Though I didn't always understand the poem at times, it still was enjoyable, and the music really helped it out. Great job, and keep up the good work!

Just because this is your best movie doesn't mean that it's a good movie though. The animation is really damn choppy, and as everyone said before, it gets out of focus quickly. You've also made a bunch of beginner mistakes like having your hand on screen whilst taking pictures, and the backgrounds and sets are incredibly plain, you might want to work on them a bit more or make them more dense for your next brickfilm.

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

Just because this is your best movie doesn't mean that it's a good movie though. The animation is really damn choppy, and as everyone said before, it gets out of focus quickly. You've also made a bunch of beginner mistakes like having your hand on screen whilst taking pictures, and the backgrounds and sets are incredibly plain, you might want to work on them a bit more or make them more dense for your next brickfilm.

Listen here buddy, severe/harsh criticism is my job. Either you are the heir to me or you can be my apprentice. Your choice pal.

Last edited by CarrollFilms (May 23, 2014 (01:47pm))

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

If dipothebookworm comes, close this thread.
@GHB Thanks. Music credit is due to cookedcat. Glad to work with him again. Yeah, the poem is hard to understand. It is considered the best nonsense poem ever. It's stupid

@WoutStopmotion Yeah, the animation went down because I tried to use a moving camera shot that failed. The auto focus I forgot to turn off until halfway. Yeah, the sets were boring, I'll be sure to improve them next time.