Topic: Lying Tea

Directory Link

Lying Tea

YouTube

A parody of Keshen8' Hinest Tea!

Making brickfilms ever since I figured out how to turn on a camera.

Re: Lying Tea

Why.

signature

Stealing other peoples ideas is not very cool. The animation was choppy. The audio needed some help. The set was bland. The credits were almost as long as the film.

Looks like I need some of that lying tea myself mini/XD

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

I agree with brickelodeon, all you did was steal someone else's idea, I know you gave Keshen credit, and stated your film was a parody, but it was basically the same thing as the original video.

I'm not random, I start conversations.

First of all, I didn't "Steal His Idea". It was a parody. Second, I don't see why you said the animation was choppy. I watched some of yours, and personally, you need to work on some stuff, too. I mean, if you actually gave me advice, that would be okay. But all you did was tell me that the animation sucked, how it sucked, and different points of it that sucked. Please, next time, try to give REAL advice. Best wishes,

RedRocketFilms.

Yes, you are right Sparkle. I honestly had second thoughts about my post before I hit the "submit" button. I didn't want to be mean, but I had to tell that joke. I didn't mean very much of it, so I'm sorry if you were offended. I was kinda hoping you would see the humor instead of the bashing. The only reason I did not put this apology in my first post, was because that would have made it not funny.
Here is some real advice though:
You should probably get a new mic. The voice acting was decent, but the echo and distortion mangled it quite a bit.
You should put more animation in your videos. While it may not be necessary, it does make the video look more realistic.
Your credits were too long. (What more can I say?)
Don't make "parodies" of other brickfilms. It can be funny if it is mocking a real movie, but there is not much more you can do with brickfilms. Do something original in the future.
Add some ambiance, it makes the audio sound better if there is background noise.
Work on your sets. Maybe add a lamp or a bookshelf. A window would be nice too.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

SparkleAnimation wrote:

I don't see why you said the animation was choppy. I watched some of yours, and personally, you need to work on some stuff, too.

Please don't ever say things like this. I haven't seen many of his films so I can't say if they're good or not, but it doesn't matter how good a person is at animation (or anything for that matter) to tell if it is bad or not. Don't ever use other peoples work to discredit their criticism.

Your animation is choppy. I'm only telling you this to help, and if you want to know how to be better at it watch this: Playlist thing, Another helpful video! I can't ever recommend Fancypant's tutorials enough.

The title was too long, I've made this mistake too often. Also if you're going to make a video based off of another video, use that video for tips of the different aspects. Keshen's video is full of color and unique set designs, us that to inspire you. And I see what you were doing with the frame-by-frame recreation, but I suggest that you not follow it so closely. The record rip sound is terrible, and I recommend you don't record sounds from your computer with a microphone. A quick google search can provide some good results. I found a sound that was pretty close to the sound Keshen used here: linky-do-hicky. I hope this helped.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (April 18, 2014 (02:56pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Thank you for the advice! I actually did a google search for that sound effect, but couldn't find anything. Oh and the reason for the white background was because I wanted to make it look commercial-like. Anyway thanks!

I have never seen this "Hinest Tea" video you speak of. Could you perhaps be parodying "Honest Tea"? mini/tongue

I can do nothing more than echo what the other forum members have already posted. But, your animation is real smooth. The audio quality is a little questionable, but if you get a nice mic (preferably one from the Rock Band videogames), then you're all set.

And, I do wish you wouldn't have been so defensive. I understand Brickelodeon didn't stake his claim(s) in the nicest way possible, but it's merely an innocent spoof; nothing to get worked up over.

Last edited by Mickey (April 18, 2014 (04:19pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?