Topic: Addicted To You Music Video

Directory Link

Addicted To You Music Video

YouTube

This is a music video I was hired to do for Universal Music. I had about six weeks to do the whole thing which was really tough but I got it done.
Enjoy!

Re: Addicted To You Music Video

I liked it very much! Smooth animation, and your technique of movement!

Mind.

Blown.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

In all seriousness, this is such an amazing piece of work. I prefer it a lot more than the other, live-action one. The pacing of the actual action was a bit slower than normal, but other than that, this was blooming brilliant.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Nice.

I don't even like Avicii, i think he'se overrated and his songs are weak. But this is very deserving of my like!

Although there's not much of a plot and it's mostly just action i did really enjoy it, the animation is obviously good and it's really a nice video.

signature

Thanks for sharing your stuff on this forum, I appreciate it.

Really nice work, and congrats on the commission. I'm glad they had you make something in keeping with your style. The amount of carnage and plastic destruction in this video is quite extraordinary.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

You did that in 6 weeks?  Man that makes this even more impressive.  Just like everyone else said, really awesome work.

However, I feel like if you're going to post your stuff here that means you'd like some constructive criticism.  I really don't have a lot, but I feel like sometimes even though your animation is incredibly smooth, it doesn't always feel super realistic.  For example, I wish the run cycle had a bit of "bobbing" to it, or sometimes when characters fall it doesn't have the right weight to it.  It's kind of hard to explain so I hope that makes sense haha.  But those are nit picky things, overall the video is sick. 

Any chance of seeing a version of this with sound effects?  I think that would be sweet.

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Sméagol wrote:

Thanks for sharing your stuff on this forum, I appreciate it.

Of course! I come here quite regularly.

Fancypants wrote:

You did that in 6 weeks?

Hey Jordan. Yes, 6 weeks of hell lol. There's well over 250 shots and most of it is 24fps...Very little sleep towards the end.
I'm totally cool with criticism. I don't mind.
The "bobbing" with the run cycle is more of a stylistic personal preference though. I don't really like the cartoony over emphasis on movement that you see in some stop motion and CG work. I actually really don't like the bobbing in particular. It takes me out of the animation.

Edit: Oh and I did think about releasing a version with sound effects and no music before I started. Now that I'm all done though I'm not so sure. We'll see.

Last edited by Keshen (April 1, 2014 (04:20pm))

Not a song that I'd pick, but still a cool music video.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I liked the animation and everything, very you, but the music didn't help create a story for the video.

Cool video, poor story and song.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Keshen, You have done it again. Congrats.

Keshen, this was awesome! You picked Avicii, who's probably one of my favorite artists, so that's a plus! Th animation was just superb! Keep it up!

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I don't even like Avicii, i think he'se overrated and his songs are weak.

I know this is kind of irrelevant, but the reason why his songs seem "weak," at least in my opinion is because they're played like 10 times a day over the radio! Besides, he has some really good songs other than "Wake Me Up" or "Levels."

GHB wrote:

You picked Avicii

I think Avicii picked him...

It's extremely well made, like all your stuff, and I'm amazed you made that in six weeks, sort of an unfair deadline to be set by a client, who probably doesn't understand how much work goes into something like this, but whatever. Some of the action, mostly the hand to hand stuff, felt slow, but maybe you felt that went better with the song, I don't know. It's an extremely impressive piece of work, you've done the brickfilming community proud. mini/smile

Out of curiosity, how many LEGO pieces did you destroy? mini/twitch

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

GHB wrote:

Keshen, this was awesome! You picked Avicii, who's probably one of my favorite artists, so that's a plus! Th animation was just superb! Keep it up!

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I don't even like Avicii, i think he'se overrated and his songs are weak.

I know this is kind of irrelevant, but the reason why his songs seem "weak," at least in my opinion is because they're played like 10 times a day over the radio! Besides, he has some really good songs other than "Wake Me Up" or "Levels."

Yeah, but i think he'se just cashing in on the success of Wake Me Up. I mean, Hey Brother was just the same. Weak dance song + soul/country singer = hit. It's not dance music, nor is it pop, and it's just boring to me.

signature

Man Keshen, that was amazing. It's so cool that they picked you to do this. The animation was so smooth, I can't believe you did this in 6 weeks! The video doesn't match the song very well, but still, really cool! Why was the girl smiling the whole time? Anyway, really cool video with very few flaws! What was up with the Bravest Warriors clip at the end though?

Last edited by Rockydude411 (April 2, 2014 (08:19am))

Wow, all those poor, poor bricks.... mini/sad

The animation is great, it's smooth, a bit slow at times, but really good. Your set-design is well done, and the building style complements the story well. The destruction looked realistic, even though the blue 'blood' was unusual. The story is understandable, but is really just there to give reason for the carnage and somewhat fit the song.

Like Rocky said, it's odd that the girl is smiling the whole time, and her bright yellow skin really sticks out like a sore thumb. I would have highly suggested matching the skin tones of all those involved.

Just how many torsos/bricks did you take out while making this? I know they are easily replaceable, but do you have any idea how many were destroyed?

Congrats on getting hired to do this, it's a great honor to be publicly recognized for your work and you deserve it.

It is great, congratulation for this work.

So awesome on so many levels.
An instant classic.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I started watching, but I just couldn't get through the video.  All of the movements look wrong and painfully slow.  There needs t be more force and momentum to everything.  It looks almost like it's supposed to be slow-mo, except you didn't ease out enough.  There also seems to be way to much post camera movement.
I'd suggest taking slightly fewer frames for every movement around the middle of the movements, but keep the ends of the movements nice and slow.